What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spagnolo embroiled in ASIC investigation

Eels Dude

Coach
Where there is smoke there is fire. As a tradesman there is nothing worse than being left out of pocket because a company has gone under.
Now for roy to be involved in 8 collapse is more than bad luck.If it was 2 or 3 times i would give benefit of the doubt.
If he is clear of any charges than he should be given a full page apology but for all the tradesman that have been left out of pocket 8 times, its absolutely disgraceful. If he is proven to be guilty then he should be thrown in jail because the way i look at it. He has stolen from hundreds of tradesman. People trying to defend this as being bad luck are to put it nicely Morons.

For the eels sake i hope its not true because to have someone like this in charge of the club is disgraceful.

Fair points. Anyone can say 'poor Roy' or whatever but there are others suffering more than him because of all this and the tradies who are left out of pocket are the ones who deserve the sympathy.

Gronk

Staff member
Where there is smoke there is fire this story came out in 2009 we are in 2012 and Roy has done nothing wrong I am certain of it. So I am very dispointed with how many people don't wont this club to be successful.

Roy, it's not illegal for a business to fail. It's only illegal to trade whilst insolvent. There was no conviction and accordingly you are innocent until proven guilty. Relax, you're amongst friends here.

By the way, how many property development companies went into liquidation after completion of the project owing money to tradesman and the ATO ?

hasman

Juniors
Roy, it's not illegal for a business to fail. It's only illegal to trade whilst insolvent. There was no conviction and accordingly you are innocent until proven guilty. Relax, you're amongst friends here.

By the way, how many property development companies went into liquidation after completion of the project owing money to tradesman and the ATO ?

Alan I am Not Roy so i don't know the answer.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Alan I am Not Roy so i don't know the answer.

Roy, I am not Ovo. Told you before, I post boobies.

click-slow-motion-boobs.gif

Alan would not post boobies.

Loved John Kolt by the way. He was my hero in that show Bonanza when I was growing up.

strider

Post Whore
just incase anyone was wondering - i am not roy, ovo or fitzy .... but i am superman

hasman

Juniors
How do you know he has? For someone who's defending him a lot you're not bringing many facts to the table...

I don't need to bring anything to table. Just stating what I believe. You need to look at your own Backyard before talking about somebody else. Like I said before you will see who wants this beloved club to be unsuccessful.

hasman

Juniors
Roy, I am not Ovo. Told you before, I post boobies.

click-slow-motion-boobs.gif

Alan would not post boobies.

Loved John Kolt by the way. He was my hero in that show Bonanza when I was growing up.

I will keep calling you alan as you keep calling me Roy. FOR 1005 time I am not Roy.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't need to bring anything to table. Just stating what I believe. You need to look at your own Backyard before talking about somebody else. Like I said before you will see who wants this beloved club to be unsuccessful.

When you're dealing with reported facts what you believe isn't really relevevant. You are saying stuff that is reported true as incorrect, but you're not providing any evidence for that apart from saying 'I believe'.

And as I said before people querying whether we're heading in the right direction isn't wishing our club be unsuccessful. If anything it's showing their love for the club.

hasman

Juniors
When you're dealing with reported facts what you believe isn't really relevevant. You are saying stuff that is reported true as incorrect, but you're not providing any evidence for that apart from saying 'I believe'.

And as I said before people querying whether we're heading in the right direction isn't wishing our club be unsuccessful. If anything it's showing their love for the club.

So do you see Kate stating that these facts were incorrect and appagise to Mr Spagnolo. As I stated to you before there are people on here who want this club to be unsuccessful because there mates have gone since 2009 and haven't moved on. You will know who these people are especially when they start winning.

mickdo

Coach
It should be noted that the article states "Eight property development companies in which Mr Spagnolo has been involved". It doesn't say how he has been involved, so I think those accusing Roy of owing people money based on that should tread a little carefully.

Eels Dude

Coach
So do you see Kate stating that these facts were incorrect and appagise to Mr Spagnolo. As I stated to you before there are people on here who want this club to be unsuccessful because there mates have gone since 2009 and haven't moved on. You will know who these people are especially when they start winning.

Huh? People are only commenting on what is reported in the article and you're the one claiming the article is making stuff up but not offering a legitimate reason as to why...

Nobody on this forum wants the club to be unsuccessful, we all post here because we are diehard Eels supporters.

Eels Dude

Coach
It should be noted that the article states "Eight property development companies in which Mr Spagnolo has been involved". It doesn't say how he has been involved, so I think those accusing Roy of owing people money based on that should tread a little carefully.

While that is true, the article does refer them to being Spagnolo's companies, which implies he is owner or part owner of them.

carson

Juniors
While that is true, the article does refer them to being Spagnolo's companies, which implies he is owner or part owner of them.

If this is the case then it is not a pheonix operation. In a pheonix operation the owner of the company is uaually a distant relative with no assets or income so as to avoid being chased by creditors.

mickdo

Coach

I tend to find that when a newspaper leaves a reader to imply something there is usually a reason for that

parra pete

Referee
So pete, why DID you become a Raiders fan?

Suity

Dunno..I can't remember....:lol:

Now that the Ayatollahs run Iran, many of us probably do not remember when the former ruler was the Shah of Persia.
The word "Shaw" means King and the word for the First-Born-Male-Prince and Heir-To-The-Throne is "Shan".
The recent Shaw was a very powerful ruler, but there was some question about the Heir's potential. In fact, the young man was a fine young man in all respects, but one - he was an epileptic and occasionally prone to seizures.
This was not incapacitating and could be controlled by medicines given by a personal physician who was to be with the boy at all times.
On one sad occasion, however, the physician had to heed the call of nature, and was absent for nearly fifteen minutes.
When he returned, he found that the boy had suffered a massive seizure. As the physician was led off to be beheaded, he heard these fatal words ringing in his ears,
"And where were you when the fit hit the Shan?"