What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Pompey
5- Kosi
6- Metcalf
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Afoa
11- Ford
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Walker, Barnett, Curran, Lussick

Not entirely sure how good/bad Kosi has been going and I'm just about certain that he isn't the answer to our left-hand woes, but Montoya has been really bad for a long time.

I guess we could look at Martin

I like Barnett coming in off the bench

Blair

Coach
Just if we get that far, who do we have with prior grand final experience? I can count Johnson, Harris, Charnze, Martin and Niukore. That's not too bad for a Warriors outfit.

Leber

Bench
Same team but with Barnett starting, Bunty to the bench and Lussick out.

altho.... With how bad the left had side was on defence, I wouldn't be adverse to letting Kosi have a run at the expense of montoya.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Same team but with Barnett starting, Bunty to the bench and Lussick out.

altho.... With how bad the left had side was on defence, I wouldn't be adverse to letting Kosi have a run at the expense of montoya.
Not sure about dropping Lussick. We need cover for Egan

GoSouths

Juniors
Just if we get that far, who do we have with prior grand final experience? I can count Johnson, Harris, Charnze, Martin and Niukore. That's not too bad for a Warriors outfit.
Dylan Walker played centre for Souths in the 2014 grand final.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
A rest for Ford, or a genuine trial for Curran to see if he can hold our left edge defence together better? Inclined to think it’s the former.

GoSouths

Juniors
A rest for Ford, or a genuine trial for Curran to see if he can hold our left edge defence together better? Inclined to think it’s the former.
yeh me too. Their fullback Sloan is an electric player but his defence is for shit. Should be a few points in the game.

Meth

Staff member

I don’t know- I think a rest would be out completely, not off the bench.

I have always liked this back row better

Meth

Staff member
Not sure we can have Ford and Sironen on the bench, especially with Barnett out. I know Ale’s early season form has dropped off, but we a short a middle here.

I suspect there’ll be a change

vvvrulz

Coach
Curran is 100% now there to hold up that dodgy edge, we got it together in the second half when he was on.

I don't mind Montoya staying on despite a poor run, we know he's a tryer who is capable of better + there's no other very good options. Although I would have been curious to see how Tuaupiki goes on the wing, but let's not experiment in round 26.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don’t know- I think a rest would be out completely, not off the bench.

I have always liked this back row better

It’s my preference too but I’d just about got used to the idea of Ford being a certain selection lol.

It seems strange to bring in Curran as primarily a defensive fixer cos I thought that was the weak point of his game and the strength of Ford’s.

GoSouths

Juniors
It’s my preference too but I’d just about got used to the idea of Ford being a certain selection lol.

It seems strange to bring in Curran as primarily a defensive fixer cos I thought that was the weak point of his game and the strength of Ford’s.
yeh, i was of the same opinion. The left hand side being an issue is because of Metcalf, not Ford. Curran isnt going to make a lick of difference to the defence. He will bring the odd high tackle though...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A plus re the left side defence is the zero second half points conceded last week so it appears Webby and the boys are capable of adjusting on the fly. Hopefully it’s been a point of effort in training this week because our attack had more than enough firepower to outgun the dragons.

Latest posts