What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Panthers- Finals, Week 1

Meth

Staff member
1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Afoa
11- Curran
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Barnett, Walker, Ale, Tevaga/Lussick

nswarrior

Juniors
1- CNK
2- DWZ
3- Berry
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- AFB
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Curran
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Afoa, Walker, Ford, Sirro for his versatility

Blair

Coach
No Volkman? He's match fit and with as much recent first grade experience as Martin.

Blair

Coach
Just hope TMM can do a job. As of right now I’m not convinced that he doesn’t suck.
We've had a great season regardless. Let's not get above our station here. I live in Panthers country, they're laughing at playing the Warriors. It's not arrogance, they deserve their overdog status. It's all about week two for us.

We've had a great season regardless. Let's not get above our station here. I live in Panthers country, they're laughing at playing the Warriors. It's not arrogance, they deserve their overdog status. It's all about week two for us.
We can't beat Panthers playing like them. We will need plenty of unstructured play.
Accept that we are underdogs.

TheDMC

Bench
Id go TMM, Volkan is a kicking half and SJ has kicking covered. I think TMM has a lot more upside, but haven't seen it yet, hopefully it will come in the finals...some ball playing and running. Solid defender too.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Some of you are nuts, its obviously TMM ahead of Volkman. We were lost with Volkman today, just a bunch of loose kicks and no direction. TMM has finals experience, and if fit would have relegated Metcalf honestly.

Leber

Bench
I’d go

1 cnk
2 dwz
3 berry
4 pompey
5 montoya
6 tmm
7 johnson
8 afb
9 egan
10 barnett
11 ford
12 niukore
13 harris

14 walker
15 tevaga
16 curran
17 ale

Tough on sironen, but I think we need a prop on the bench to counter the panthers forward pack. And ale outplayed bunty last night.

Leber

Bench
I think we would be screwed either way wether we had panthers or broncos, but to be honest I’m kinda glad it’s the panthers.

-There’s literally no pressure on us to win this one because we will be massive underdogs,
-we come into this fresh whereas they will be tired off the back of a tough game
-nice bit of redemption after they refs raped us last time we played them
-webby might know some of their tactics.

If we lose, that means we likely have a game against the knights at home? That’ll be tough.

I think we would be screwed either way wether we had panthers or broncos, but to be honest I’m kinda glad it’s the panthers.

-There’s literally no pressure on us to win this one because we will be massive underdogs,
-we come into this fresh whereas they will be tired off the back of a tough game
-nice bit of redemption after they refs raped us last time we played them
-webby might know some of their tactics.

If we lose, that means we likely have a game against the knights at home? That’ll be tough.
6 day turnaround (Friday night) might be an advantage, if Panthers tired, but we still have the travel aspect to get there.

Agree that Knights look like one of the form teams with an X- factor like Ponga.

Rich102

Staff member
Funnily, since I wasn't impressed by him, I would play Walker at 6.
Just for his x-factor.

TheDMC

Bench
We are going to need some smart ball playing interplay and late footwork in the forwards to have a chance against Penrith - Tohu and Walker key. Otherwise we will be gang tackled into oblivion. Oh and our edges need to defend like champions.