What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the Warriors drums

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
-Dr.J- said:
There's not been any suffering. The reason the Warriors are based around Auckland is cos that's the league mecca of NZ. Plain and simple. Also this was an Auckland based club in the beginning.

Who applied for the franchise? Mt Albert? Nobody else in the country (ie Wellington) had the idea until the Warriors were successful.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The AUCKLAND Warriors failed. I think the New Zealand Warriors will fail too if they continue to ignore the rest of New Zealand. Surely, they can see that by branching out as close as H-Town, they get a much better crowd.

This travesty cannot continue much longer, I believe there will be a team based in Wellington by 2010.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Mingster, you wouldn't happen to be the alter-ego of Super Mod, would you???

For a newbie, you're a tad over zealous. I've OWN3D™©® less zealous people, so you should heed this as a warning. Plus I've nearly completed Advanced OWN3RSHIP™©® 671 at the School of OWN3RSHIP™©®. Pretty soon I'll be referred to as OVERLORD of OWN3RSHIP™©®!!!!

From there I have to take a pilgrimage to the Temple of OWN3RSHIP™©® to sit my Demi God of OWN3RSHIP™©® courses.

Iafeta

Referee
NZ Warrior has somewhat of a point.

I don't know if its New Zealanders being particularly fickle or if its the Warriors shutting up shop somewhat, but I remember going back in 2002 and all the craze was the Warriors, there was merchandise in a lot of places south of Auckland.

I was in NZ for 3 and a bit weeks, it was the third to last day when I found a shop with ANY Warriors merchandise, and that just happened to be in Auckland. Its like the rest of New Zealand didn't give an A anymore about them, or the Warriors had shown no desire to be accepted elsewhere. I got sick of seeing all these "New Zealand" gifts and sports shops with low and behold, in their front windows, red jerseyed lions with fake head gear and Irish scarves. New Zealand needs head gear for getting so antsy pantsy with the Brits and forgetting their home roots in the case of their own league team.

Thats my rant for the day. Gee that disappointed me.

ozbash

Referee
Iafeta said:
NZ Warrior has somewhat of a point.

I don't know if its New Zealanders being particularly fickle or if its the Warriors shutting up shop somewhat, but I remember going back in 2002 and all the craze was the Warriors, there was merchandise in a lot of places south of Auckland.

I was in NZ for 3 and a bit weeks, it was the third to last day when I found a shop with ANY Warriors merchandise, and that just happened to be in Auckland. Its like the rest of New Zealand didn't give an A anymore about them, or the Warriors had shown no desire to be accepted elsewhere. I got sick of seeing all these "New Zealand" gifts and sports shops with low and behold, in their front windows, red jerseyed lions with fake head gear and Irish scarves. New Zealand needs head gear for getting so antsy pantsy with the Brits and forgetting their home roots in the case of their own league team.

Thats my rant for the day. Gee that disappointed me.

well, you should have waited a bit to purchase your lions jersey, the wharehouse (where everyone gets a bargain) isflogging them at half price this week.

hope you visited the 'footy shop' in the manukau chopping center, stockists of all things nrl and usually sold out of warriors stuff. www.footyshop.co.nz

there is another outfit that sells warriors gear at the games, playball.

the best place to get nz warriors stuff is aussie or the net.

you cant blame rebel, stirling sports etc from flogging lions/all blacks gear. its a veritable cash cow and the tour is over tomorrow week.

i,m surprised there is no black market gear in nz. we are starved for the liscensed stuff here.

THE MINGSTER

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:
Mingster, you wouldn't happen to be the alter-ego of Super Mod, would you???

For a newbie, you're a tad over zealous. I've OWN3D™©® less zealous people, so you should heed this as a warning. Plus I've nearly completed Advanced OWN3RSHIP™©® 671 at the School of OWN3RSHIP™©®. Pretty soon I'll be referred to as OVERLORD of OWN3RSHIP™©®!!!!

From there I have to take a pilgrimage to the Temple of OWN3RSHIP™©® to sit my Demi God of OWN3RSHIP™©® courses.

What the hell are you on about freak?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
THE MINGSTER said:
What the hell are you on about freak?

Chill bitch, I'm just trying to see if you are Skinner or not. To really prove to me that you aren't really Super Mod, newbie, you're gonna have to say something nasty about my good mate, Super Mod.

Go on, we all know how much of a jackass he is anyway.

THE MINGSTER

Juniors
This is a forum. An internet place. You don't move up the ranks in society just because you say "ohhh im better than u skinner....ohhh"

Big f**king Deal.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Put me on list, I beg you. At least then people know I called you an idiot, and something decent came of all this.