What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors v Melbourne - gameday

A real concern for me.
I thought the game would be a fair test of how we are going this year.
Again, off to a great start, partly due to luck, and then cue in the rack, Stand and watch.
I feel this team is below last years team- Possibly momentum. Just not as determined.
I will be surprised if we make the 8.
Oh for the energy of a Tuapeki.
Defensively not the same unit.
And the sweep play to the right been worked out by other teams.
I didn't actually see a game plan on Saturday.

Watched Melbourne's 3rd try, a lead runner doesn't stop in the line but runs to TMM outside shoulder and he is sliding out, TMM puts his hands on him as he runs past. But this is not considered a problem because he doesn't stop in the line? Pompey turning in is the real issue with it all. But TMM impeded.

Their 4th had Welsh in the line stopping Barnett sliding out and Pompey again missing Katoa running though a gap.
Barnett had made the initial decision to turn in.

1st tackle in 2nd half, I wondered what arms all went up for but Sir Harry Grant was standing in the way of the defensive line coming at Welsh.

Loved Bunkers call on Egan stopping in the defensive line when Welsh pushed him into it after his pass.
Where does he go? (on the held up Niukore try)

Scott

Bench
Yeah, that call was BS. Absolute hypocritical BS.

In other news, how good was Katoa. I always rated him massively with us and was gutted when he went, I think he signed a new deal with the Storm until 2027-28 or so? Really one that got away from us.
Absolute weapon. Once he settled, you just knew Bellamy would turn him into one of the best back-rowers in the game. He's only going to get better.

Latest posts