What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Here are the google results from - "Ipswich jets nrl bid". It's actually quite embarrassing, how can anyone take them seriously. TBH it looks like all they have done is let go of a few media releases and hoped forums will pick up on it. hell even Number 5 and 10 relate to ipswich jets, but not one mention of the NRL bid on those pages.

Even Central QLD look 1000 times more professional than the Ipswich bid does. Do the folk west of brisbane understand it looks and sounds shonky. They cannot rely on the supposed "need" for another Greater Brisbane NRL side. Based on what information is available, honestly they'd be lucky to be ready by 2025.
Information availabe to to the NRL =/= Information available to you.

The NRL is taking it seriously. Want to know why? It's because they won't rely on emotional appeals and google searches to decide who joins the comp...

I don't understand why people can't just support the bids they want instead of sh*tcanning the ones they don't want in. Having more bids is better for the game.

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't understand why people can't just support the bids they want instead of sh*tcanning the ones they don't want in. Having more bids is better for the game.

lol...thats like saying "i can't understand why people don't just support their own team rather than putting sh*t on teams they dont like"

franklin2323

Immortal

The NRL is taking it seriously. Want to know why? It's because they won't rely on emotional appeals and google searches to decide who joins the comp...

Would you not be sh*tcanning the bid if it was a non QLD rubbish bid. Yes we need a team based in the Ipswich area but we need the strongest 2 bids in regardless of the want to give a region a team. ATM both Qld bids look rushed & lacking preparation.

_Johnsy

Referee

So the Ipswich bid does not want to engage the community in SE QLD, they dont want prospective members signing on 24 months out from their ideal admittance date. Yeah right!!

I am not sh*tcanning the bid I dont want in. I want many bids to get in, as I stated earlier in this thread I have no preference on who gets in. My preference is for all bids to get their shyte together and start interacting with the comunity, getting the community involved. In short I'd love them to at least appear to be professional, if they are not it reflects poorly on our code. Based on my experiences and attempts to find information on the jets bid they are not succeding in any way shape or form.

Are they taking it seriously? You seem to think so, care to share what information you are privy to that I am not.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
The A league wanted Gold Coast and North QLD as well and look what they have got. They wanted Western Sydney as well and put a team in that had no infrastructure in place, no plan nothing. Didn't even make the starting gates.

The NRL will become a joke if they give the licenses to anyone else other then Cetral Coast and Perth. I love it people want to not have the Bears in because of where they are on a map, yet they overlook what they are bringing into the sport.

Yes, exactly.

lol...thats like saying "i can't understand why people don't just support their own team rather than putting sh*t on teams they dont like"

Two Roosters fan with logic, now that's new :D

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Would you not be sh*tcanning the bid if it was a non QLD rubbish bid.
I’ve supported the Reds and Bears bids since day dot while I haven't bagged the bids I don't think should join in 2013...

ATM both Qld bids look rushed & lacking preparation.
It’ll be at least two years before any of them play their first game in the NRL and some people are carrying on as if they’ll be kicking off in a couple months. Gallop has been quoted as saying that 18months is a good preperation time for a new team.
Assuming the NRL/IC make the decision in the first half of the year then all the bids should have over 18 months to prepare. If it's good enough for the NRL I wonder why it's not good enough for some people here.

If the bid really was as weak as you believe then the NRL wouldn’t be giving them the time of day.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
So the Ipswich bid does not want to engage the community in SE QLD, they dont want prospective members signing on 24 months out from their ideal admittance date. Yeah right!!

I am not sh*tcanning the bid I dont want in. I want many bids to get in, as I stated earlier in this thread I have no preference on who gets in. My preference is for all bids to get their shyte together and start interacting with the comunity, getting the community involved. In short I'd love them to at least appear to be professional, if they are not it reflects poorly on our code. Based on my experiences and attempts to find information on the jets bid they are not succeding in any way shape or form.

Are they taking it seriously? You seem to think so, care to share what information you are privy to that I am not.

They don't want to engage the community? They have publicly stated that they will be getting the community to vote on both the name and colours.
They are the only bid that has said they will be doing that. Maybe we should say the Reds/Bears aren't engaging the community because the fans didn't get a vote in the name/colours of the teams? It's as arbitrary a measure as any other I've seen used in these expansion threads...

As for professionalism. They have commissioned a business plan and are in contact with the NRL, state govt, etc. Brain Canavan is a respected former NRL club CEO and their Chairman is the owner of a law firm. Or maybe I've missed the newspaper articles where Gallop/Stadiums QLD/etc have said the bid has acted in an unprofessional manner in their meetings with them?

Would it help if they should created a shiny little web 2.0 site like the PNG bid/CQ NRL bids so you can find it when you search google? After all, appearance is more valued than substance by some people.
“We won’t make a spectacle of this proposal, we want to keep it low key, but if Gallop wants a team here we will have the evidence to prove how it will work.

You don't want them in and that's fine. But just a tip: Have you ever heard the saying "know your enemy"? Maybe you should take heed and actually read up on the bid before you attempt to trash it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They don't want to engage the community? They have publicly stated that they will be getting the community to vote on both the name and colours.
They are the only bid that has said they will be doing that. Maybe we should say the Reds/Bears aren't engaging the community because the fans didn't get a vote in the name/colours of the teams? .

just as a point of reference the WARL did ask the fans in 2007 for suggestions for the name of the team. Not sure if they listened or if majority wanted Reds back though?

dgsfan

Juniors
I'd really like to know whether the CC people are truly happy with the Bears franchise. I mean it's not a successful one or one too proud (when was their last premiership). Bears fan bias aside I'd gather given the choice they would like their own identity.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess that could be answered by knowing how many of the 5000 members are CC residents. If the vast majority then it is a decent sign they are accepting.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
just as a point of reference the WARL did ask the fans in 2007 for suggestions for the name of the team. Not sure if they listened or if majority wanted Reds back though?

Yeah I remember, there's a thread around here somewhere. They weren't sure whether to bring back the Reds name or not. I'm sure I sent an email in support of it though, along with the others in the thread.

Even so, the colours were still picked by the WARL/kept the same and the process took place when the Reds bid was still embryonic, long before the general public was aware and could vote on it.

dgsfan

Juniors
I guess that could be answered by knowing how many of the 5000 members are CC residents. If the vast majority then it is a decent sign they are accepting.

Like I said, given the choice I'm sure they would rather their own identity. It's the Bears or nothing now, so if they want a team of course they're going to support it. I just wonder...

Perth Red

Post Whore
the point about community not being consulted on the name was made, I simply stated that in fact the WARL did consult the community on the name. re the colours, they may yet change, if I have anything to do with it they will!

Talons

Juniors
Who needs info when you got posters here who never lived in ippy or south bris, yet know everything about the bid? Even when they don't know, they can make it up. It's all good.

You seem to shift the goalposts every-time it suits your agenda.

Bro Bear

Juniors
CC Bears membership of 4800+ stands with a ratio of 65% for the local Central Coast. Last year a vote was raised for the CC S.G Ball and Matthews teams. The vote was outstanding for the teams to be called the cubs. The NS Bears were to fund the teamS but the NSWRL wanted the Knights involved. The Central Coast want a team and most are satisfied with the Bears. Two premiership means what - kick St Kidla out of the AFL because they have NOT won ANYMORE in their history. Kick Cronulla out because they haven't won any. Having a team from another regional spot in NSW will be great for the game. The Coast is booming with a new waterfront business being built, new hotel near the Leagues club and new sporting institute involving the Mariners and Bears. CC BEARS FOR 2013.

What sponorships, memberships, name of the club and stadium has the new PROPOSED SEQLD Team have?

The bid is supposed to be entered in three months time. By all means I would like to see another Brisbane team involved but does the Broncos want it and the Reds and Bears bids are superior.

Bears and Reds for 2013

Two more teams in 2018 (QLD and NZ) and have a 2 X 10 team conference

You seem to shift the goalposts every-time it suits your agenda.

You seem to asume alot of things that you have no clue about. Then when someone answers you, you crawl back under your rock with bs replies like the one quoted.

Dgsfan. Considering 90% of the membership drives are cc based. The % of locals that are members is around 70%. CCBears also have charity on the cc with bear cottage. Junior and coaching clinics on the cc. Programs involving schools on the cc. 40+ cc based local businesses as sponsors. Volunteers for the ccbears membership drives all being based on the cc. The stadium is ofcourse Bears den and considering how long the ccbears have been at it. It's safe to say the residents see us as a cc commodity and the bears see themselves as cc property. Kids can be seen on the cc with ccbears merchandise. The bid teams are from the cc. The bears brand helps the bid with sponsors and existing fan base to further grow the ccbears fanbase.

This has been asked and answered thousand times since 08. Why you chose not to research it and instead talk about it like you know the deal is pathetic. Use your brain numbnut that's what it's there for.

How many locals of Ipswich are members of their.... Oh wait

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
To be fair, in any article about the CC Bears there are a vocal portion of CC residents who do not want the Bears, and demand their own identity. But there is no other competing bid...selfish sooks