What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

BDGS

Bench
Bears not in the top 5 most watched teams in the 90s. How will this effect their bid?

This is the Ipswich thread so discussion should be around that.

Firstly prove, the fact that your source is real.

I trust red and Black and Beuwolf when they say their sources say this and that because 100% of the time they are right.

Your post are 2/3's crap.

E.g. "perfect post", "finally some logic", "jets jets jets", "Bears won't get a team"

etc etc

Beowulf

Juniors
Of course the NRL have the ratings. They would have the ratings for every game played that's been recorded in TV ratings. My source says they were not the second most watched team in the 90s. In fact my source says they weren't even in the top 5! Can't find the link to it, though.

Just because somethings been archived doesn't mean it wasn't true - but its pointless continuing this merry-go-round!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This is the Ipswich thread so discussion should be around that.
Not just a grammar nazi but also a thread parameter setter. How about telling bears supporters who have come here and spewed their propoganda the same thing? I don't agree with everything dgsfan says or the way he goes about it but he has a right to say it without being hounded by you and your superior attitude. A superior attitude, from what I can see, has no basis as you seem to be an intellectual and sociatel struggler.

As for other sane bears supporters:
It seems to me that as the day for bid submissions nears Bear boosters are getting more and more stressed out. Relax lads, things are on track so why get emotional over other comments?

BDGS

Bench
Not just a grammar nazi but also a thread parameter setter. How about telling bears supporters who have come here and spewed their propoganda the same thing? I don't agree with everything dgsfan says or the way he goes about it but he has a right to say it without being hounded by you and your superior attitude. A superior attitude, from what I can see, has no basis as you seem to be an intellectual and sociatel struggler.

As for other sane bears supporters:
It seems to me that as the day for bid submissions nears Bear boosters are getting more and more stressed out. Relax lads, things are on track so why get emotional over other comments?

Thanks for another personal attack that has to base, My tertiary education says otherwise though.

One more thing, I am not a Bear supporter. I just support the Central Coast Bears NRL bid.

dgsfan

Juniors
Hey guys. I formally retract my previous statement. I've realised it's downright poor character for me to continue saying something that I cannot prove. Therefore, I'll be the better man and stand down on that statement. Cheers.

smithie

Juniors
Hey guys. I formally retract my previous statement. I've realised it's downright poor character for me to continue saying something that I cannot prove. Therefore, I'll be the better man and stand down on that statement. Cheers.

Are you Ricky Gervais?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thanks for another personal attack that has to base, My tertiary education says otherwise though..
Congratulations on your tertiary education. You've joined millions of us. As for personal attacks - perhaps if you kept your dagger in its sheath you wouldn't recieve any.
One more thing, I am not a Bear supporter. I just support the Central Coast Bears NRL bid.
I believe you 100%. :roll:

mightybears

Bench
The people of North Sydney are more likely to follow Union/AFL. Anyway I hope the IC will ask the TV networks what they want before making a decision.

Absolute rubbish statement that fails to understand the North Shore/just buys into the class warfare snobbery bullsh*t.

PaulyTom

Juniors
The Ipswich bid is behind the eight ball with it's bid. WA reds , CC Bears and CQ bids are well advanced compared to the Ipswich bid.

have the bids been called for yet? doesnt really matter how far you are behind at half time, all that matters is that you are infront at fulltime.

Cant believe people actually think Cq has a chance but then again these are the same people that think the bears have already won

BDGS

Bench
Congratulations on your tertiary education. You've joined millions of us. As for personal attacks - perhaps if you kept your dagger in its sheath you wouldn't recieve any.

I have never attacked anybody who didn't 'start' first.

I believe you 100%. :roll:

Because i see real possibility in another area that makes me a fan of that team?

In that case i support the WA & CC and all 16 NRL clubs.

My Canterbury Ticketed membership and wardrobe full of BUlldogs merchandise however shows were my loyalty and support has always been with.

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
Agree. Ipswich will just be another QLD team that's on every bloody week that no one in NSW (the far larger state) gives a f**k about.

But the majority of the ratings will come from the less lucrative "regional" advertising market.

Ipswich, Logan and Brisbane share the same stations, meaning they will count towards the capital city ratings/advertisements.

Titanic

First Grade
Is CQ, or Ipswich and even CC for that matter, really a player in this? WA is a shoo in but all the rest have concerns of some sort but CQ... ? It's a pity Adelaide can't mobilize if only to stick it into the dijn of the AFL.