What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davester

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
Saw Lord of War last night.

Great movie. Some great lines in it and the twist near the end is great.

"The only army I don't sell to in the world is the Salvation Army".

Yep, very well scripted movie...I enjoyed it

Eelementary said:
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
saw School Of Rock just recently, and admittedly, it did make me laugh a couple of times.

I want to see 'Hostel', does anyone know if its any good? (please dont put spoilers)[/QUOTE]

Personally - I thought it was crap. Some people feel I'm a hypocrite, because I liked 'Saw'...

But whereas 'Saw' had a story and situations which were different to those in 'Hostel', 'Hostel' is just one of those films that tries to put you off with excessive violence for no reason...

Some may argue it's trying to warn you about those sort of places...Meh...

I don't think it will do much for the tourism industry in Slovakia. What did amuse me about this one is that it said it was inspired by actual events. What it didn't say is that it was a series of totally unrelated events and the only places where remotely similar things happened was in corrupt regimes led by sadistic dictators (Idi Amin's rule of terror in Uganda springs to mind).

Dread

Juniors
Date Movie

What I expected really. Had some hilarious moments, others that didn't quite hit the spot. Hardly intelligent humour, but good for some mindless comedy.

Batman Returns.

Very good, and not corny at all. I was never a fan of Katie Holmes but she looks fanbloodytastic in this film, must be something about a damsel in distress.

And I WANT the batmobile.

Knightmare

Coach
Dread said:
Date Movie

What I expected really. Had some hilarious moments, others that didn't quite hit the spot. Hardly intelligent humour, but good for some mindless comedy.

Have to mostly agree there. On a side note, how hot is Alysson Hannigan! Wouldn't have minded seeing her and Sophie Monk do a special little scene of their own! :p

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eskimo Sharkie said:
Eelementary said:
I don't think it will do much for the tourism industry in Slovakia. What did amuse me about this one is that it said it was inspired by actual events. What it didn't say is that it was a series of totally unrelated events and the only places where remotely similar things happened was in corrupt regimes led by sadistic dictators (Idi Amin's rule of terror in Uganda springs to mind).

I know eh!

I'm a huge fan of horros being implied - "Psycho" is still one of the greatest thrillers in my mind, and it had very limited violence in it.

"Hostel"...I didn't enjoy it. I'm not that squeamish (watched both "Saw" films with little toruble), so the violence doesn't bother me...

What bothers me is that it is a film that had potential to be brilliant and ends up being just like any other American overly-violent slasher flick, like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"...

McLovin

Staff member
Hostel was rubbish, totally misleading. "the goriest movie of all time" MY ASS!!!

Anyways, i just finished watching "Wedding Crashers". Love the football scene and those hits on Vince Vaughns character, i'm dead set laughing as i type this...

~bedsy~

First Grade
I saw "Walk The Line" last week. I thought it was great, I really liked it. I would love to see them both win an Oscar for it, however it doesn't look like Joaquin will win it.

jeffrosaint

Bench
Watched Wolf Creek last night & it didn't live up to it's hype for me.

Was expecting to be ****ting myself but didn't find it that scary at all.

LESStar58

Referee
On Wolf Creek, I saw it at the cinema. I don't think it was supposed to have you ****ting yourself....when i saw it it was a case of "okay, in know whats gonna happen......whens it gonna start?" I mean its such a good opening sequence with Daddy Cool's "Eagle ROck" and the trip is going along nicely until the car doesnt start and all. I think its meant to be more disturbing than it is scary. Man I still cringe at the whole "head on a stick" sequence....

I've not seen Hostel yet but just on the inspiration and "based on true events" sell. Eli Roth said in a recent interview that he was linked to a website being run by a businessman in Thailand where for $10K you could walk into a room and shoot somebody in the head. Apparently the person being killed goes willingly cos they are sick and going to die anyway. And the $10000 fee goes to their family....not sure how founded this is but thats what gave Roth the idea for Hostel.

I just saw Stealth last nite. People wrote it off as being rubbish but I thought it was total popcorn and a movie I could watch without having to think too much and just enjoy....plus it features quite a lot of Jessica Biel's arse.

Also saw The 40 Year Old Virgin....I nearly fell out of bed laughing that many times it was so funny!

LESStar58

Referee
On Wolf Creek again, I can't wait to see Greg McLean's follow up "Rogue" about a crocodile that terrories a visiting American journalist.

2 True Blues

Coach
Saw King Kong the other week. Thought that scene with the Raptors was pretty awesome. The Empire State Building scene was pretty good too.....

madison

Juniors
Saw Look Both Ways (aussie flick) on the weekend. Justine Clarke and William McInnes were fantastic. It was a really good film.

Phillips

Referee
land of the dead - sh*thouse, way too voilent

should have really watched sin city or the island on box office instead!

Phillips

Referee
Knightmare said:
Alysson Hannigan! Wouldn't have minded seeing her and Sophie Monk do a special little scene of their own! :p

excuse me while i go and have a cold shower

j_tig

Juniors
saw hostel, not as good as i thought it would be. goriest movie ever? yea right! actually laughed a few times during the movie, and i wasnt the only one. loved the first hour or so but

Status
Not open for further replies.