What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domdom

Juniors
saw the notebook with my wife on the weekend. i thought it was going to be terrible, but i quite enjoyed it, it was a good, old style romantic movie with a happyish ending. reminded me of an old black and white movie.

definitely a good one for a date. guaranteed shag.

Booyah

Bench
Original Carlito's Way with Pacino.

Penn is a nutter. I think Kenny Rosenburg from GTA Vice City was based on his character actually.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I watched Dolores Clairborn last night. Very, very good movie with the notable exception of Jennifer Jason Leigh. Awful piece of casting.

I saw "Basic Instinct 2" the other day. I thought it was going to be a f**kfest, but was wrong. I never expected it to be oscar material, but the movie turned out better than I thought it would be.

Considering one of your all time favourite movies is 'Showgirls', I think I'll take your recommendation with some heavy doubt. :lol:

Cupid Stunt

Watched 3 in the last week:

Eight Below: Snooze fest. Did nothing for me at all. Glad I was on my lounge & not asleep in a public cinema. Watch it at your own peril!

Green Street Hooligans: I've had this sitting around for weeks & finally got around to watching it. This kept me going till the end. Thought from reviews I'd like it but didn't think it would be as good as it was. Weird to see a hobbit playing a thug but somehow it works. Worth the get.

The Benchwarmers: Loved it, but plenty wont. It's a typical fart/booger/losers-win movie but bugger me I laughed. Plus I like the guy out of Napoleon Dynamite, he gives another monotoned onelinerfest.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's not a new film, and I can't believe I hadn't seen it before...

"American History X".

I can safely say it's my favourite film EVER. It is so powerful...The casting is brilliant (Ed Norton and Elliot Gould are really good, as are Edward Furlong and Beverly D'Angelo as the mother), the story is brutally effective and...It's just amazing.

Brilliant film.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Yeah American History X is a great movie, easily Edward Norton's best performance on screen. I only saw that movie once about 5 years ago when I was 13-14 but I haven't forgotten it since.

Parki

Bench
saw kiss kiss bang bang

wasnt bad, though a bit confusing for me, might need a second look i think

Status
Not open for further replies.