What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

thebigredv

First Grade
Griffin had better be cautious. His continual selection of Norman will erode the good will of supporters (like me) who are starting to question his judgement in this regard. Obstinance can lead to unemployment. I like and respect Hook but the "Norman issue" is starting to concern me (a lot).

People are correct in blaming our depth, our lack of star quality but the coach could do a whole lot better with his selections around fullback, centre, five-eight and hooker. If you clearly can't pick our best team or a team that looks to our future, what are you actually doing??? The way they run some of their 'plays' it is clear there isn't a lot of working going into attack. Fully aware there is no Hunt but get Sullivan in next to Clune and throw some caution to the wind. And Bird at full back??? Dumb.

Spazer

Juniors
Honestly we aren't playing that poorly, apart from norman trolling, I think we have been ok. Lawrie's line speed has been good the last couple of weeks, burns has been real good and I hope he makes it back on.

Too bad we don't have players who can put points on the board though, except for lomax and rav.

Bird trial at fb hasn't worked and I hope he goes back to centre next week with norman to the bench for amone.

thebigredv

First Grade
Two weeks in a row we meet a team that are keen to lose and we literally hand them the ball and a few tries. Same last week against the bumbling Raiders.

Now we all know what happens when the forwards lose all their energy in about 15 mins from now.

You can't really excuse these losses.

I don't care about a win for this season to make the eight. How about a win for the future, to show us the shell of a team has some fight in it at the NRL level.

jeffdragon

Bench
Honestly Hook had lostt me.
Norman and Duff both going but picks Norman who couldn't get out of a wet paper bag.
How the f**k does Norman get picked.
Id like to ask that f**king question and so would thousands of other dragons fans.
Dufty can create.
All that ball and it was so predictable.
I knew penrith would score before us.
It is abdolute rabble standing flat side to side.
The dragons are an embarrasement to themselves their suffering fans and the NRL
HOOK is a absolute peanut.

Last edited:

Spazer

Juniors
Ok can someone tell me is Bird a better fullback than Duff ..... no spark at all by the whole team ..... If its Defense Hook is looking for it ain't working hasn't for weeks ....
Our attack looks clunky with bird, he hasn't been able to create space for our outside men unfortunately. Can't see the logic with him at the back unless it's for injuries.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would honestly put Norman back to fullback for the remainder of the game put Amone to 6 and give Bird a spell to come on late at lock to add some spark.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Honestly Hook had lostt me.
Norman and Duff both going but picks Norman who couldn't get out of a wet paper bag.
How the f**k does Norman get picked.
Id like 4o ask that f**king question and so would thousands of other dragons fans.
Dufty can create.
All that ball and it was so predictable.
I knew penrith would score before us.
It is abdolute rabble standing fla,t side to side.
The dragons are an embarrasement to themselves their suffering fans and the NRL
HOOK is a absolute peanut.
100%

Dragsters

First Grade
Our attack looks clunky with bird, he hasn't been able to create space for our outside men unfortunately. Can't see the logic with him at the back unless it's for injuries.

Yep. It's almost like he's trying to hard and it looks clunky...