What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 6: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peter O’Sullivan, always did his best work with unlimited salary cap at his disposal. He was at the storm during the whole salary cap rorting period, joined the roosters before getting indefinite banned for a few years due to some dodgy dealings with a certain brothel owner
it was after he joined the Rorters they won a Premiership in 2013 ( only their second in nearly 40 years) . Politis has been having massive bets on rounds of golf with his players for some time now.

He also just left the Warriors - they are looking the best they have in decades.

There's a reason Wayne has him up at the Dolphins

Throw the cheque book at the fella.

Apey

Staff member
Afternoon losers. Watched some of the highlights because I'm a sucker for punishment. All 3 tries pretty much conceded between Cogger and Lucas - Cogger rightly copped some in this thread but jeez Lucas was just as shabby. Crossland was surprisingly good in the last 10.

Interesting to see the team next week, we all know its time for Gamble to return but is the coach afraid to change his halves again?

perverse

Referee
Afternoon losers. Watched some of the highlights because I'm a sucker for punishment. All 3 tries pretty much conceded between Cogger and Lucas - Cogger rightly copped some in this thread but jeez Lucas was just as shabby. Crossland was surprisingly good in the last 10.

Interesting to see the team next week, we all know its time for Gamble to return but is the coach afraid to change his halves again?
Yeah I just watched them too. It's criminal how many chances Kalyn creates to win games and the numpties around him just can't keep up. We really don't deserve him. It's so impressive that he can keep his chin up and keep delivering the goods, even with peanuts and donkeys around him.

If he never wins a premiership, it's on us as a club. He's got all the talent and now also the attitude and drive to get it done... but no-one seems to want to get behind him.

I think Lucas isn't copping it as bad because he's young and actually provides something to the team. Cogger is old and provides nothing to the team - and when you go further than that and actually f**k things up - it really stands out. If you're not going to offer anything positive to the team, the least you can do is not offer a bunch of negatives on top.

Zoidberg

First Grade

Yeah, it should be Gamble and Frizz on that side, much better.

If he never wins a premiership, it's on us as a club. He's got all the talent and now also the attitude and drive to get it done... but no-one seems to want to get behind him.
This , please dont let it be so. KP offers us the best chance of a Premiership in 2 decades.

I hope we dont waste the opportunity - it's why I'm big on fixing the root issue and getting a roster around him to win a Premiership. Tragically it appears we can only afford "peanuts and donkeys" to put around him.

aqua_duck

Coach

Yep, Lucas is a goer but he’s on the smaller side for an edge backrower which is handy in attack as he’s very mobile but just hasn’t got beef to be an effective defender in contact at this stage, when you put him next to Cogger who has zero physicality about him it just invites opposition to keep going there. Last night Cogger made 32 tackles and Lucas 49 tackles, I’d bet you could count on one hand how much of those tackle were a case of either of those guys initiating the contact

Yosh

Coach
Lucas is good but Frizz is the form of his life... Very unfortunate. I don't see what Cogger offers over Gamble to be honest. Gamble at least has a good long kicking game and makes good supporting runs.

perverse

Referee
Ah look we got some seriously dud calls, as is tradition against the Roosters, but we had every chance in the world to win it on our own merit and failed the test repeatedly. If we'd delivered in any single one of about 6 or 7 "effort moments" in the game, we'd have won. Friz papers over a lot of cracks in that respect I think, and I certainly appreciate Gambles plucky effort in defence a lot more having watched that misery from Cogger.

I'd say launch Dan Saifiti into the sun already, but I doubt you'd find a strong enough catapult. God he's letting us down.

Storm - deducted 2 Premierships, 2 WCC, several minor premierships and fined I think like a million dollars. Forced to shed several players including GI.
CEO sacked and banned from ever being involved in RL
Various staff sacked
Then did the same as every club that's been busted majorly cheating the cap - won the comp 2 years later.

Apey

Staff member
Ah look we got some seriously dud calls, as is tradition against the Roosters, but we had every chance in the world to win it on our own merit and failed the test repeatedly. If we'd delivered in any single one of about 6 or 7 "effort moments" in the game, we'd have won. Friz papers over a lot of cracks in that respect I think, and I certainly appreciate Gambles plucky effort in defence a lot more having watched that misery from Cogger.

I'd say launch Dan Saifiti into the sun already, but I doubt you'd find a strong enough catapult. God he's letting us down.
Honestly the only direct call that bothered me was the lack of penalty after Ponga's break. He's clearly entitled and tried to play the ball, but it was a mess. They disguised it well enough apparently but it was obvious it was deliberate to everyone else.

Of course, knowing us, we'd have gone for the 2 and missed. I would have liked a proper set in their 20 - 30m zone instead. Probably would have kicked it dead instead of straight to someone in that parallel universe, lol.

Woody90

Juniors
I hate how these f**kers play on a Thursday and ruin my end to the week while they’re posting their game highlights on social media like they did a good job. Doesn’t make me confident that they’re driving high standards.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Honestly the only direct call that bothered me was the lack of penalty after Ponga's break. He's clearly entitled and tried to play the ball, but it was a mess. They disguised it well enough apparently but it was obvious it was deliberate to everyone else.

Of course, knowing us, we'd have gone for the 2 and missed. I would have liked a proper set in their 20 - 30m zone instead. Probably would have kicked it dead instead of straight to someone in that parallel universe, lol.
There was also the bizarre bunker decision where they upheld the challenge after the May knock on. But Sutton made up for it immediately with a weird call in our favour so that one kind of evened out.