What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Souths @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 25: Newcastle v Souths

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
Has anyone else noticed that whenever we win, there’s suddenly an absolute media bombardment about the losing side and how bad they were, how much the club is in trouble, etc? Seriously, when we beat the Dogs NRL 360 dedicated a whole week to dissecting their issues, beat Melbourne all of a sudden there’s hysteria that Melbourne were bad and aren’t a premiership team anymore, Tigers, well business as usual, now all the stories this week are suddenly about how bad Souths are, despite the fact that they’ve been bad for half the season.

We’re starting to get a bit of credit for our improvement no doubt, but at the core of it it always seems to come back to how bad the opposition were. No side could be that lucky to get awful teams 7 games in a row. Yes we’ve had an easy-ish run home but I think also we’re doing our part in making the opposition play that way.

ryan.a87

Juniors
You’re not wrong….I feel good after a win, after the first few in a row, I’m thinking “were we too good, or were they bad?”

surely after 7 wins though you have to start saying it’s us being good

Apey

Staff member
Has anyone else noticed that whenever we win, there’s suddenly an absolute media bombardment about the losing side and how bad they were, how much the club is in trouble, etc? Seriously, when we beat the Dogs NRL 360 dedicated a whole week to dissecting their issues, beat Melbourne all of a sudden there’s hysteria that Melbourne were bad and aren’t a premiership team anymore, Tigers, well business as usual, now all the stories this week are suddenly about how bad Souths are, despite the fact that they’ve been bad for half the season.

We’re starting to get a bit of credit for our improvement no doubt, but at the core of it it always seems to come back to how bad the opposition were. No side could be that lucky to get awful teams 7 games in a row. Yes we’ve had an easy-ish run home but I think also we’re doing our part in making the opposition play that way.
Yeah its definitely a thing. We are getting our fair share of credit - after its established how bad the other club is going.

Haffa

It's going to be a shame to see Ivan get sacked after losing to the Knights in October.

Latest posts