What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 16: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
Trailing behind 2 points and we spent the last 10 minutes rucking it out from our own and kicking it away. No offloads, no punch up the middle, no communication, no creativity, no variety to the kicking game.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Honestly, that last 10mins, was our worst performance of the year. Roosters were out on their feet and we threw nothing at them. That’s how you play when you are 2 in front, completing sets and bombing down their end. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Burns

First Grade
Would Miller have been a spark, or at least something in those last 10min? Kinda disappointed Mann didn't throw himself into it

I'm honestly not sure what I just watched in the last 10 there. We didn't even try to run them down. Bizarre. I can't ever remember a team chasing a lead get within 2 and then stop playing footy.
Crossland was doing really well there, offering width from DH, and then seemed to get taken off for 5 mins. Bizarre.

perverse

Referee
Crossland was doing really well there, offering width from DH, and then seemed to get taken off for 5 mins. Bizarre.
Affection for Crossland aside, I see you've just been introduced to the genius of our coaches substitution strategies.

He does weird inexplicable shit like this near every week. Honestly, it's a weird week when everyone on the bench actually gets a run.

Jono078

Referee
The more I think about that game the more pissed off I get.

That is the one we should be winning 99/100 and of course in real life we get that 1 shit result.

Roosters with a whole new spine, consisting of a rookie halfback playing 80 minutes for the first time in the NRL.

Then they lose their chief playmaker Keary early on and Sitili before half time. We were up against 15 blokes!

The amount of offloads we allowed was disgusting.

Also, it's almost like the bigger the crowd and the nicer a day is, we decide to completely stink. That's when you should be aiming up most to show these fans and some might be first time attendees that we are good and worth coming to see. I hope our next home crowd is no more than 10k.

I already hope the Panthers thump us next week so we can get a real move on to the next era of the Knights. I'm done with the AOB era.

perverse

Referee
Our pack were to a man disgraceful. Absolute dog shit.
It was utterly humiliating. The Roosters didn't even muscle up that much in the middle. It's not like they came out and bullied us, we just stepped back and let them do whatever they wanted.

I would take the forward pack from the Smithy years over this. I don't care how many metres they run - it amounts to f**k all if they can't be arsed getting out of marker, pushing up in a line, tackling hard, etc. Give me a stinging hit from Mark Taufua or Zeb Taia's work ethic any day of the week. Those blokes played for peanuts, too.

Nuke

Staff member
Down the road from where I work is the local mental disability day centre and school.

When the Knights come to Perth in August, I might see if I can borrow their branded van and sit outside the airport terminal to see if I can collect any of our squad.