What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kasiano nears QLD switch

Kasiano should play a test For Australia and see if the big bad tough talking Kiwis go near him after they wanted nothing to do with Tamou :lol:

Seems to me its grossly unfair SOO benefits from the popularity of the week-to-week competition. Yet alot of those players who help to make the game what it is wont receive the financial gain based purely on what nation they play for.

Sydney born & bred Jason Nightingale?

Adrian Morley was born for SOO as have a few Poms over the years but sadly he couldn't play. Sam Burgess maybe. Other than that nobody worth it is missing out that isn't eligible.

Shorty

Staff member
Kasiano should play a test For Australia and see if the big bad tough talking Kiwis go near him after they wanted nothing to do with Tamou :lol:
Yeah I saw this, I thought the Kiwis smashed anyone who turned their back on their country?
They didn't even push Tamou back.

ozenzud

Juniors
I see the ARLC chair Grant, thinks its fine. Right, I've decided he is an absolute merkin.

Every sensible RL fan has the feeling that this is not right. Tamou was embarrising and now Kasiano.

But no, Grant comes out and says its the Kiwis problem.....FMD. If this is the leadership we are going to get from the commission then I despair. I really, really do. It is NOT good for RL to concentrate only on Origin.

Just when RL in NZ was starting to really get some traction, we get this crap from Oz to put it up for ridicule. Completely justified ridicule too.

Rod

Bench
Yeah I saw this, I thought the Kiwis smashed anyone who turned their back on their country?
They didn't even push Tamou back.

For once we didn't get sucked into just trying to smash someone a la Hunt and actually concentrated on the game.

All the talk pre-game about smashing Tamou came from the media. Just because we didn't smash Tamou doesn't change the fact he's a dirty turncoat.

Joker's Wild

Coach
For once we didn't get sucked into just trying to smash someone a la Hunt and actually concentrated on the game.

All the talk pre-game about smashing Tamou came from the media. Just because we didn't smash Tamou doesn't change the fact he's a dirty turncoat.

Plenty of your Kiwi peers were talking up the pasting Tamou was gonna cop in many a thread around here mate, it wasnt just a media beat up.

The fact that it didnt eventuate was lol worthy

Also, I find it funny that he is considered a turncoat yet guys like Nightingale, Hoffman and Fien are not.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
I see the ARLC chair Grant, thinks its fine. Right, I've decided he is an absolute merkin.

Every sensible RL fan has the feeling that this is not right. Tamou was embarrising and now Kasiano.

But no, Grant comes out and says its the Kiwis problem.....FMD. If this is the leadership we are going to get from the commission then I despair. I really, really do. It is NOT good for RL to concentrate only on Origin.

Just when RL in NZ was starting to really get some traction, we get this crap from Oz to put it up for ridicule. Completely justified ridicule too.

Id read the articles again, the headline and the his actual quotes are quite different.

He does state he is eligible, which is just pure fact, but he does go on to say he recognises the problem and that it needs to be raised at International level.

Ive never seen such a beat up over a guy who actually wont get picked however.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Also, I find it funny that he is considered a turncoat yet guys like Nightingale, Hoffman and Fien are not.

No Kiwis fan likes Fien playing for us as has been stated hundreds of times.

Can you find me any quotes of Nightingale or Hoffman saying it would be a dream to come true to play for Australia?

Rod

Bench
Plenty of your Kiwi peers were talking up the pasting Tamou was gonna cop in many a thread around here mate, it wasnt just a media beat up.

Oh I'm sure the Kiwis guys on here wanted him smashed obviously. I was talking more about talk coming for the players themselves.

Hoffman and Nightingale are nothing like Tamou. They never changed their allegiance.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Are there any of Tamou?

The rampaging Tamou made the Kiwi train-on squad last year for the Four Nations and as late as Monday night was still talking about his dream of breaking into New Zealand's Test team.
He said after the Cowboys' win over Canberra: "I'll be honest, it's in the back of my mind (selection for the April 20 Test in Auckland). I've thought about it and I would be upset if I wasn't picked (for New Zealand).''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nt-nsw-in-origin/story-e6frexni-1226320055379

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Are there any of Tamou?

I've posted links to articles with him saying it would be an honour and is a goal of his to play for the Kiwis etc. Would have to do search to find them again. But here's a favourite from a quick google search

NEW Zealand will play no part in this year's Four Nations decider and for a proud Kiwi like James Tamou it hurts.

England thrashed New Zealand 28-6 last weekend in the tournament semi-final to progress through to the grand final against Australia, where they will have the chance of winning a major tournament against the Kangaroos for the first time in 41 years.

Tamou watched every minute of England's stunning upset but could do nothing about the carnage unfolding before his eyes. He admits he will watch this weekend's big game with a tinge of sadness.
"It was really tough to watch to be honest," he said.
"I felt really sorry for the boys but I guess that's rugby league. They can build from it - but, yeah, it was tough.
"For sure I wished I was out there, I'm good mates with plenty of those boys, so it would have been good to have been out there helping stop what was happening."

Tamou came agonisingly close to the chance to do that last month when he was selected in NZ's train-on squad for the Four Nations, along with fellow North Queensland Cowboy Kalifa Faifai Loa. Faifai Loa made the eventual cut and played on the wing in the weekend's upset loss. Tamou, though, will have to bide his time for another crack at the black-and-white jersey.

"It's definitely a goal for me. Last season was exciting just getting a foot in the door with the train-on squad," he said. "Now I want to actually put that jersey on."

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/6760636/Kiwis-2005-win-made-Nightingales-choice-easy

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10799397

These stories seems to hold a bit more weight than tamou and kasiano.
totally different cases. lol

Tamou didnt even try and hide the fact.
I am sure kasiano agent is working on his statement.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Fair enough boys. Heighington can be thrown into that category too I guess with him wanting a NSW jersey then suddenly agreeing to play for England. Not many Australian supporters nor NSWelshmen gave too much of a shit though

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha yeah I guess the difference is Tamou is one of the best young props in the game and Heighington is well, Heighington.

People moaned about Gallop and the things he should have done for Rugby League, and already we see that Grant is coming up short.
The commision could easily change the Origin rules that to play SOO you must have lived in Australia for at least 10 years. They wont, but they could.

NrlCoach

Juniors

People moaned about Gallop and the things he should have done for Rugby League, and already we see that Grant is coming up short.
The commision could easily change the Origin rules that to play SOO you must have lived in Australia for at least 10 years. They wont, but they could.

The more things change, The more they stay the same...

Iafeta

Referee
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-for-the-maroons/story-fn31yxah-1226403369617

Despite being a New South Welshman, Bulldogs forward Aiden Tolman said it would be good for the game if players like Kasiano are allowed to compete in Origin.
"(New Zealand-born) James Tamou's playing for New South Wales, so it's the same situation as that," he said.
"At the moment, guys like (Tamou and Kasiano are) eligible for it so it's good for the game and probably improves NSW as well as Queensland.
"He's been playing great for us and I'm sure he'll put his hand up if the opportunity came about."

Aiden Tolman ladies and gentlemen. Dope of the highest order. Hows this good for the game??