What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

JokerEel

Coach
Every kick has at least 2 players in front of the kicker. The guy playing the ball and the dummy half. We should have been penalised every kick too.

I'm pretty sure the rule is for chasers.

It's Infront of the play the ball. Not the kicker

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hands can move to hooker in attack or play a small middle role.
And so who attacks at centre? It's getting convoluted now. We were in front with only two changes (Harper to wing and Tuilagi to centre). As soon as Tuilagi went off it all fell apart. Beside Harper at wing we had Cartwright to centre and Matterson to edge forward. We lost all cohesion in attack and our middle defence fell apart. Plus Tago scored his only try.

lucablight

First Grade
Clubs (and player managers) are aware that potential costs money, which is why high potential youngsters cost more than journeymen.
Do you think Lumelume is on less than Martin?
Then someone has to defend at five-eighth and play centre in attack. Don't assume we would've been doing better than 18-16 if we had gone with Hands instead of Tuilagi. After he got hurt we lost 10-0.
No need to overthink it that much. Brown and Tuilagi could have swapped in defence and gone back to their respective positions in attack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you think Lumelume is on less than Martin?
Do you mean Ethyn Martin? I suspect Lumelume is on at least as much, but I also don't think Martin is considered a 'high potential' youngster by anyone. He is too old for Flegg (22 this year) but never even played reserve grade. Lumelume had already played 20 games in NSW Cup by 22, plus he played a few games in first grade that year. Martin has done none of this.

High potential youngsters are people like Penisini, Russell and Talagi. They would all be on more than Lumelume. Penisini and Russell are the same age as Ethyn Martin. Talagi is three years younger.
No need to overthink it that much. Brown and Tuilagi could have swapped in defence and gone back to their respective positions in attack.
Tuilagi defending next to Lane is another horror show that Cleary and Edwards would have exploited. Just accept that if there were a better option, we would have done it. And we were winning when Tuilagi busted his shoulder.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Do you mean Ethyn Martin? I suspect Lumelume is on at least as much, but I also don't think Martin is considered a 'high potential' youngster by anyone. He is too old for Flegg (22 this year) but never even played reserve grade. Lumelume had already played 20 games in NSW Cup by 22, plus he played a few games in first grade that year. Martin has done none of this.

High potential youngsters are people like Penisini, Russell and Talagi. They would all be on more than Lumelume. Penisini and Russell are the same age as Ethyn Martin. Talagi is three years younger.

Tuilagi defending next to Lane is another horror show that Cleary and Edwards would have exploited. Just accept that if there were a better option, we would have done it. And we were winning when Tuilagi busted his shoulder.
I am referring to Martin. I never said he was considered high potential. However, the problem I have is that Lumelume is a bad player. You don’t even need to fill the roster spots with bad players who are going to be a handicap every time you go into a match. Look at the Melbourne Storm. They sign plenty of nuffies but they get them to a standard which is not going to handicap the team at the very least. We have to be more judicious in who we sign as our fringe players.

Do you think defending at five eighth is as difficult as defending at centre? I think centre is the hardest position on the field to defend so I don’t agree that Tuilagi defending slightly further in would have been as exploitable. That’s why you see plenty of backrowers with poor lateral movement defend at five eighth but they’re never placed in the centres. You and I both know it was a miracle that we were winning going into halftime. The territorial advantage was finally reflected at full time when we had a larger sample size of minutes.

JokerEel

Coach

This all from the same guy that gave us Jirah 🤌

Gronk

Staff member
Wow, pages and pages of crap because we lost my 8 points to the 3 peat premiers in front of a packed house at their home ground despite losing a hard to replace wing position in the 3rd minute.

We must be destined for the spoon for sure.
You missed the bit where we lost ONLY because of the bush coach’s calls during the match, positional switches and rotations.

Pazza

First Grade
Then someone has to defend at five-eighth and play centre in attack. Don't assume we would've been doing better than 18-16 if we had gone with Hands instead of Tuilagi. After he got hurt we lost 10-0.

Tago 6 line breaks, 250metres gain. Sure we would be 100% sure Hands would have been better but surely the evidence was there that kelma at centre was not rhe solution.

Gronk

Staff member
Tago 6 line breaks, 250metres gain. Sure we would be 100% sure Hands would have been better but surely the evidence was there that kelma at centre was not rhe solution.
That merkin became the world’s highest paid centre the same week. I reckon he would have trampled a half back / hooker. Unless you think Hands is an exceptional defender.

To put Hands on, who would you have taken off ?

hindy111

Post Whore
That merkin became the world’s highest paid centre the same week. I reckon he would have trampled a half back / hooker. Unless you think Hands is an exceptional defender.

To put Hands on, who would you have taken off ?

Do you have a source for that?
Peanut

hindy111

Post Whore
It's a game of footy. We all get emotional during a game. Isn't that the fun part?
If we look at everything rationally it would be boring.It is sports. Not serious business.
We mostly have simple repetitive lives and getting to play armchair coach is fun.