What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v Australia @ Basin Reserve Wellington Feb 29 - Mar 4, 2024

Meth

Staff member
One more wicket and the Aussies can make plans for Monday. Maybe even line up a tee time for tomorrow afternoon.

edabomb

First Grade
We play Lyon like he's 93/94 Warne. Every time he plays us I look up his bowling average and expect to see 17 instead of 31.

Meth

Staff member
In the same way as Greens innings was a coming of age for him, this is a good chance for players like Young and Ravindra. Will Young has always shown a lot of promise, but is yet to score a century in 14 Tests and cement a spot. Ravindra has been unconvincing aside from a double ton against a weakened South Africa. This is an opportunity for both of them against the best bowling in the world.

Meth

Staff member
down leg, I thought

edit- one of the only times I have got a call right.

Meth

Staff member
2 pretty ordinary reviews IMO- that one less ordinary than the first.

Meth

Staff member
There's been some pretty sub standing boundary feeling from the Aussie pacemen

JJ

Immortal
Australia just going everything a bit better tbh

Hope O’Rourke is ok, because they need Kuggeleijn gone, should play Wagner if needed, and add Ajaz

edabomb

First Grade
Australia just going everything a bit better tbh

Hope O’Rourke is ok, because they need Kuggeleijn gone, should play Wagner if needed, and add Ajaz
Think Wagner is leaving the team after this test. Given the next match is in Chch and the coach's leanings it'll be next Cantab up. Sean Davey?

I'd expect Kuggs to be there. Dropping him would be admitting to making a mistake. You can tell the Aussie commentators don't rate him at all as they mentioned this morning he should only be bowling 3-4 overs at a time due to how erratic he is.

Meth

Staff member
Mitchell is pretty aggressive for someone with a strike rate (currently) of 18.18

Shot Ravindra.