What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

hellteam

First Grade
So have the Storm changed the lightning bolts on the front of their jersey from white to silver ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So have the Storm changed the lightning bolts on the front of their jersey from white to silver ?

They have been silver since 2006.

2008:

storm.jpg

2007:

rl318.jpg

Can't find '06, but it was the same.

I was always deceived by it too, didn't realise it was always silver inside.

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=96931&fm=psp,tst

Warriors to wear Fai on their chests
The Warriors have unveiled their new jerseys, which include Sonny Fai's signature and a player number on the chest

The Warriors have launched their NRL season with a moving tribute to Sonny Fai from his sister Lalelei.

The club has showcased its new jersey, which will be black at home and white across the Tasman, moving on from last year's silver strip.

Centre Brent Tate says the jersey will also remember Fai, who was swept out to sea at West Auckland's Bethells Beach on January 4.

"With our jerseys this year we've got his signature and his Warriors number above our heart . . . he's a part of our squad for 2009 and he'll never be forgotten."

Sonny Fai's sister Lalelei Fai paid tribute to her brother, before footage was shown of Fai speaking to captain Steve Price and playing guitar with Tiki Taane.

Meanwhile 300 examples of Steve Price's bucket hat were auctioned off because he is approaching the 300 NRL match milestone - he is sitting on 299 games. One bidder bought a hat for $1,200-dollars.
Can't find any pics though.

Paullyboy

Coach
How good do the Raiders jerseys look?

I've got nothing against the jersey, actually I quite like it, but I HATE that we've gone back to blue shorts and socks for away games. They were just getting it right the last years with the return to green and white

jed

First Grade
I've got nothing against the jersey, actually I quite like it, but I HATE that we've gone back to blue shorts and socks for away games. They were just getting it right the last years with the return to green and white
The blue shorts were worn with the white jersey back when we got it in the 90's, so it's historically accurate. Not totally sure about the blue socks, I don't remember off the top of my head whether we wore them, but I doubt it.

viking

Juniors
The blue shorts were worn with the white jersey back when we got it in the 90's, so it's historically accurate. Not totally sure about the blue socks, I don't remember off the top of my head whether we wore them, but I doubt it.

just looked at some old cards and we did wear blue socks,they look exactly the same as the new design.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm aware of that, and the fact that the colours of the ACT are blue and yellow hence the stripes, I just thought we finally had the right look in the past few years.

hellteam

First Grade
http://gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=85042369#

Jerseys are there but I can't see the Fai references anywhere on them.

See in those images Timmah, the jersey Steve Price is wearing is the official jersey I'm pretty sure, but what is that jersey that Brent Tate and the 'Mad Butcher' are wearing? It's slightly different and slightly better i reckon. None of those annoying CCC lines.

Also the away jersey looks silver... The other photos I've seen it's been white.

hellteam

First Grade
Actually the white one is there, Vatuvei is wearing it. What's the one Mannering is wearing then ? Again i reckon it looks better

Nuke

Staff member
Training shirts. Note the lack of the NRL logo on those jerseys, plus the red under the arms of the black one.

I believe they've been wearing them in their pre-season matches so far this year as their playing jerseys weren't ready.

The Tank

Bench
I think the jerseys look heaps better without the NRL logo. Maybe the NRL logo should switch to the sleeves.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Think Telstra would allow their advertising to move from front-of-jersey? :lol: good luck with that...

Shorty

Staff member
Dragons v Bulldogs

84959149.jpg

84958237.jpg

Tubby McInglis :lol:
The Bulldogs jersey doesn't look too bad.
Inglis really needs to get a personal trainer or something in the off season
granted a lot of that frame is due to making himself more solid but he certainly misbehaves in the off season.

If he ever gets a season ending injury he'll pile the kg on.