What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Eels

Meth

Staff member
tough to pick

3- Barnett
2- Egan
1- Metcalf- great first half

HM- Harris, Fonua-Blake, Walker, Montoya- all deserving of points

Last edited:

GoSouths

Juniors
3 Ford. Led hitups and metres. Laid the foundation. His break lit the fuse for the try explosion in the first half.
2 Barnett.
1 Metcalf
HM. Montoya, AFB, Walker, Tohu, Egan

Benek

Juniors
Gosh hard to pick. So many deserving.

3 Metcalf - for outshining SJ. What a breakout performance. Now I see the hype. Two tries and some classy assists.

2 Barnett - strong offense and defense. Massive work rate. 2 tries well deserved.

1 Egan - instrumental in carving them up during that dominant period.

Everyone else apart from Pompey went out and did their job well.

Weird seeing our right edge so disjointed 🤔

Walker and Harris are such a lethal combo around the ruck.

Blair

Coach
3. Barnett
2. Harris
1. Bunty

A very loud Warriors crowd were good too.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - Metcalf (breakout game)
2 - Barnett (ditto, pipped for the 3 points by a try assist)
1 - Tohu

HMs Ford, Montoya, Egan, AFB, Walker

everyone did their jobs, good win and with Souths going down puts us right back in the picture

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Anyone else get the feeling SJ realised Metcalf was up for it and just sat back and enjoyed his 200th? Well deserved.

Grizzman

Juniors
3. Barnett
2. Metcalf
1. Ford

HMs , Egan, Montoya, AFB, Harris, Walker

Other than the try, DWZ seemed disjointed again last night. On at least two occasions he was ahead of the ball. Berry was solid, Pompey was absent.

Rich102

Staff member
3 Ford.
2 Barnett.
1 Metcalf

I think DWZ is getting ahead of himself' plays out of position too much.
Good signs from the team.

Campion

Juniors
I thought the first try from Simonsson showed poor defence from Berry. Thought Pompey was poor all game. Agree with knobend Roache that Barnett is made of origin. He reminds me of Campion. Just a very hard man. Ford was outstanding. 3 Barnett 2 Ford 1 Metcalf

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I dunno about Pompey being poor. Sup42's post about his defensive capabilities opened my eyes a bit. We don't talk about any major defensive mistakes Pompey makes, which we have bemoaned with about every centre we've had at the club in the last 10 years. OK he's not exactly the greatest ball player of all time and not quick, although Montoya has got enough opportunities to score this year. I feel like those two locks down the left hand defensive side more than adequately.

DWZ is a perfect illustration, I reckon, of our attacking bias in judging a player. DWZ can be outrageously bad positionally and in defensive structure. But you know, mullet + flying tries + hard runs at the line. Pompey doesn't have those, but can stick in a defensive structure and at least hold even with quality centres. Good wingers have given DWZ a bath this year, look at Johnston last game out.

TheDMC

Bench
3. Ford
2. Barnett
1. Metcalf

Berry can’t side step Paulo in space… not sure what he can do if he can’t manage that. Bit of a worry our centers, they are far from top notch. Rest of the team went well tho as others have said DWZ rocks and diamonds.