What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team vs. Manly

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well Twiz, I have seen Kelly play for Wenty and we has just as bog ordinary as he is at NRL level, if you even watch the video on NSWRL of this weeks Wenty game, you would be ale to tell how much better at kicking, passing and running Sandow is

Even when Kelly played NRL last year, I can't remember an outstanding game, at least with Sandow you have the chance of a break out game, not even saying he is a saviour , just better than what we have been served up.

Its a poor state of play when these are our two best options.

I dont rate Kelly all that highly but unfortunately Sandow is no better but I do have a big concern over his defence.

Sandow's idea of tacking is running up out of the line and shoulder charging, now that has been outlawed we gotta find some where to hide him but where.

Neither will win any matches for us.

Delboy

First Grade
Yep, you may well be right about the options being poor, however we leaked less points and scored more when Sandow played last year, amazing as that seems

I do prefer to see action when I get to the game, and to me there is only one of them that can offer that

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine Sandow playing at 14 if he gets picked to play against Manly.

They'll both be on the pitch at the same time. God save us.

jason taylor

Bench
Sandow's idea of tacking is running up out of the line and shoulder charging, now that has been outlawed we gotta find some where to hide him but where.

Neither will win any matches for us.

That's a bit unfair re Sandow, he had clearly improved his tackling technique at the back end of 2013, especially in the last first grade game he played (I think it was against Manly iirc).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You lot are all gonna be dissapointed when he names the same team from Saturday night, with Peats.

I won't. Peats for Lussick is the only change we need. If the rest of them are good enough to make the round one team they are good enough to hold their spots for three weeks.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I am not Sure with the reasoning to play Joseph Paulo, wouldnt it to be better to get another big forward in the team who will just rip in and make meters?

In saying that Tangianoa is not getting any sold ball fed from the halves run him into gaps as the decoy or give it to him.. If he needs match fitness play 80minutes for Wenty.

Eelogical

Referee
Well, we have lost 20 on the trot away from home. Nothing to suggest that will change this weekend. I also bear the traits of a latter day eels supporter. Sadism, optimism and realism.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd be tempted go bring Ualesi in for Smith. From all reports, he made a lot of tackles, ran strongly and even threw a few cutout passes.

So he'd bring Smith's workload to the table, as well as ball skills and a running game.

But that's just me.

I think Arthur will name the same squad, and I expecting an improved performance.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I rate the kid. Good motor, and he has size and skill.

I'm happy for Smith to get another shot, but if he keeps struggling, I think we can bring either him or Santi in and not lose much.

Parraren

Bench
We need a recognised goal kicker.

Sio in Toutai out.

Sandow will also come in for Kelly if not this week it will be next week IMO.

Gower and/or Junior Paulo good chance to grab bench spots over the next 2 weeks also.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I dont expect any changes apart from Lussick, give the team a chance to redeem themselves, give the wenty guys a chance to impress

Latest posts