What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone Has Their Price...Bennett to Knights

jonno_knights

Juniors
Stone then learns Bellamy's coaching techniques and how to win comps with an illegal team assembled by a rich Owner. Then Stone WILL be complete haha.

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-hope-wayne-will-sign-on-20110411-1db52.html

The same paper that said Bennett to Newcastle a day ago was a done deal is now saying:
THEY might be outsiders, but South Sydney officials haven't given up hope of securing the services of mastercoach Wayne Bennett, as the league world awaits his expected announcement today.
It is understood that he met representatives of both clubs last week, and is conducting all negotiations himself. Not even his brother, Bob, who lives with him in Wollongong, or his son-in-law, Ben Ikin, appear to know what he will do.
The only person Bennett is believed to have confided in is his wife, Trish. However, it was widely anticipated last night that Bennett would make his decision public today, or if not tomorrow
So today they're admitting they have no f**ken idea.

Another interesting rumour:
Bennett is rumoured to have been the person who tipped Crowe that Greg Inglis was having second thoughts about his deal with the Broncos
I heard that months ago. He helped get Inglis away from the Broncos. At the time they said it was only to spite them. Maybe it's also because he wants to coach him in Redfern?

The thought of a spine of Luke-Boyd-Inglis along with our star studded forward pack and exciting outside backs being coached by Wayne Bennett makes me drool. Not giving up hope until I hear it from the man himself.

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
Why is everyone expecting an announcement today? As far as I've seen, Bennett has said he'll announce it when he is ready

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why is everyone expecting an announcement today? As far as I've seen, Bennett has said he'll announce it when he is ready
The same geniuses who told us he'd be coaching Souths...Brisbane...the Cowboys...Newcastle, now they even know precisely when he'll tell us. Either his wife is best mates with journos or they're making it up as they go along.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The same geniuses who told us he'd be coaching Souths...Brisbane...the Cowboys...Newcastle, now they even know precisely when he'll tell us. Either his wife is best mates with journos or they're making it up as they go along.
And you lapped it all up.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think we can safely say that the Rugby League world is hoping Bennett goes anywhere but South Sydney.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think we can safely say that the Rugby League world is hoping Bennett goes anywhere but South Sydney.
Only Trolls trying to annoy BunniesMan want that. One club has won twice in recent history, one of only two clubs to do that. The other is the games oldest club, biggest membership club and hasn't won in 40 years. As someone said, Souths are the romantic choice.

Imagine if he knocks back between 1 and 3 million dollars a year to go to Souths and then coaches us to a premiership, ending our drought while getting another record for himself that will never be broken.

Crowe would make a 20 foot statue of the man.