What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Females and Rugby League

adamkungl

Immortal
I SO AGREE

hahahaha

seriously tho, the problem is finding someone with credibility and also the ability to be engaging on TV.

but apparently women are held up to a higher standard coz my god theres some nuffies in the league media and they are rarely criticised. it isn't very fair.

Yes they are...Ikin and Johns and most of the Fox commentators get bagged after every single game. They're pathetic.

Don't be silly.... I love the fact my girl drinks beer.

It's cheaper... I only have to buy her three beers rather than a whole supply of Smiroff or some other lolly water at $8 a thrwo.

And it's kinda hot...

I suppose it beats the Woodstock or any other f**kin bourbon smell at 6 in the morning. f**k I hate that smell, makes me think I am lying down in Narellan or something.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
see guys always say 'i just want a chick that drinks beer and loves footy' but when they are presented with that alot of them feel really insecure and threatened. when i find a guy that isn't, ill marry him.

I was gonna say this is bs too, but the replies suggest otherwise...

any girl who loves a good solid piss-up with a side of footy is alright by me...

God-King Dean

Immortal
The real question is why aren't these female at home rubbing their husbands feet before he goes to bed ? I like my eggs over-easy.

ashee9

Juniors
was watching the nfl last year and they had this really good female commentator giving the half time report. looked like she knew what she was talking about

Coaster

Bench
That was a female?

I only flicked over for a sec and thought it was a footballer in drag again

God-King Dean

Immortal
The female panelist on RL shows always come across as fake.

I've no problem with women knowing their league, & being into. It's essential that women enjoy it, since they are the ones who drive the kids to games. What annoys me is that for every women that knows what she's talking about, there's 10 men who know just as much. It's pretty obvious that the women only gets on because of her gender, & how pretty she is (think about, how many women panelist are mingers ? (Rebecca Wilson don'y count)).

The AFL female reporter/panelist come off as far more legit.

redvscotty

First Grade
see guys always say 'i just want a chick that drinks beer and loves footy' but when they are presented with that alot of them feel really insecure and threatened. when i find a guy that isn't, ill marry him.

Kiki, didn't this thread start off with people generalising?

Parra

Referee
There's supposed to be a difference when jerks generalise, as opposed to the self-righteous.

Of course, onlookers can't tell the difference.

simmo1

First Grade
Do women only watch shows if there is another broad on it?

If so, then how is that any worse than some of the blokes in this thread that were criticised for enjoying watching the footy with the boys rather than with women?

Loudstrat

Coach
The probolem with the footy show is that it isn't set up for women. Their pathetic drooling over Pamela Anderson shows that.

A concept like The Fat would be needed to allow the woman to establish credibility - even though they chose Bourbon Becky and she wound up on permanent PMT.

The Footy show is blokey. The only female I have seen do well regularly was Layne Beachley. Apart from her, you'd have to go butch: Maggie Thatcher etc.

Unless that is conquered, the female pannelist idea is nothing more than an attempt to tick the equality boxes. And, despite whatever talents the female brings, the concept will fail.

Loudstrat

Coach

Thanks for the offer, Kiki, but do I really have to marry a Dragons supporter? ;-)

Kiki

First Grade
hahahah loudy, u gotta take when u can get!

okay boys seriously, the arrogance and self obsession of footy being 'guy time' is deadset PATHETIC.

i think its fine if u wanna hang out with ur mates without chicks around, i get that. but it is SO SEXIST to delegate footy as guy time, and girl time being us sitting around gossiping. is this the 50s???

btw a chick being into footy and drinking beer doesn't make her blokey. you would never see me or any of my girlfriends that love footy out and about and think 'blokey'. trust me on this.

female footy fans come in all different packages, trust me on this.

im not even offended by all this as much as just ......saddened. there is so much embedded sexism in Australia and i don't know if its ever gonna change.

Kiki

First Grade
Kiki, didn't this thread start off with people generalising?

no the thread started off with the guy being a massive pot stirrer.

i said ALOT, not all. and im 28 yrs old and thats what i've experienced since i was 15 or so. in my opinion it's a fair call. don't care if you agree with me or not.

sass

Juniors
Don't worry dude.

You're not missing much. Just a few women rampaging about who obviously forget their rightful place in society. :sarcasm:

bahahahahha.

truth is, this whole thread was made to stir trouble. the only thing I think is sad is when people already have fixed ideas of what men and women are meant to like.

if you refuse to let 'chicks' around when you're watching footy then you're probably missing out on some people who could be really awesome mates if not girlfriends.

and if you think women don't ever belong on tv then it just sounds like hypocrisy, because plenty of men on tv have never played the game. we watch rabs commentate swimming, for god's sake, you know?

mayeb this is tokenism from channel 9 ... no one knows. but putting a woman on tv talking about footy isn't necessarily about pleasing women, it's about looking for new voices in footy. if you are happy with the same old cheap gag footy show bullsh*t every week, then ... you are one of the two people who are.

sucks to be you.