What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday - Rd 9, Warriors v Roosters

nswarrior

Juniors
Big game again. We have a lot of quality out. Mass, CNK and Harris have been providing so much of the passion and resilience.

Rd 9 has been a strange round with the rain with 2 big upsets. 1st the Gold Coast over Manly and then the upset of the season with Wests beating Penrith

I am worried though with the players we have out

sup42

Juniors
Big game again. We have a lot of quality out. Mass, CNK and Harris have been providing so much of the passion and resilience.

Rd 9 has been a strange round with the rain with 2 big upsets. 1st the Gold Coast over Manly and then the upset of the season with Wests beating Penrith

I am worried though with the players we have out
Agree with all of that bro/sis.

I am relaxed today because the triple run vs Storm Roosters Penrith are nothing to lose games.

And if we manage not to get thumped in any of the three with all the players we have out...then we are a genuine top eight side and I am talking higher eight...not the also rans.

All we have to do today is play well and compete, our time is coming even if we lose all three at this time of the year it doesn't really matter.

nswarrior

Juniors
Agree with all of that bro/sis.

I am relaxed today because the triple run vs Storm Roosters Penrith are nothing to lose games.

And if we manage not to get thumped in any of the three with all the players we have out...then we are a genuine top eight side and I am talking higher eight...not the also rans.

All we have to do today is play well and compete, our time is coming even if we lose all three at this time of the year it doesn't really matter.
Agree with what you say and wish I could be chill like you but would love to see a win. I thought we were very unlucky to lose against Melbourne, injuries and 50/50 calls went against us
GO Warriors!!!

Blair

Coach
Have we got off the bus? We're being driven backwards at will.

Johnson is the only one trying to be physical!

Blair

Coach
SJ's getting us back into it with some nice touches.

But thickhead Pompey spills it with the tryline there, then he chucks it dead, to give the Chooks a twenty-metre, seven-tackle, restart!

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
A blatant knock-on by Tedesco not called! Terrible mistake by the officials. We have to do a line dropout now.

But we survive, thank God.

Blair

Coach
No way through for us at the moment, it's just too wet, I believe, for effective attacking footy.

Still 2-0 Chooks.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
No way through for us at the moment, it's just too wet, I believe, for effective attacking footy.

Still 2-0 Chooks.
That’s exactly it, and it’s played right into the Warriors hands today

Roosters still trying to move it around a lot, Warriors playing the lower risk 1 out footy

Blair

Coach
That’s exactly it, and it’s played right into the Warriors hands today

Roosters still trying to move it around a lot, Warriors playing the lower risk 1 out footy
A penalty, then a double miss by Walker, and the Roosters are in.

8-0, Chooks. They've defended a lot too, not good signs for us.

Blair

Coach
In these conditions if they score next then I think it's game over. We need to hang on till the break and then try to regroup.

nswarrior

Juniors
The forwards got dominated the 1st 10 minutes but getting back into it.

8 down will be hard but the wind could help

still in it but not feeling good

Blair

Coach
2008 was the last time we won a game at Mt Smart, after being kept scoreless at the break.

Blair

Coach
What to do? Maybe an offload or flickpass, even in this weather? We need something to break the line. What we've been doing for an hour aint working.