What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

eel speel

Juniors
Made good pizza bases?

and sold a lot of meat trays to the club..... just on that no director should gain a personal benefit from the Leagues club yet in this years Annual Report 3 directors have.....meat trays, pizza bases and flooring....go figure....

Suitman

Post Whore
and sold a lot of meat trays to the club..... just on that no director should gain a personal benefit from the Leagues club yet in this years Annual Report 3 directors have.....meat trays, pizza bases and flooring....go figure....

How do you know they're not actually saving the club money?

Suity

eel speel

Juniors
apart from the vikings Club - what Assets are being sold? Show me a Big "Pokie Den" that has closed? Small time Regional RSL's & Small clubs may be closing - but I cannot recall a large club closing down.

Didnt Dennis have a those - yet was making losses?

You missed my point - a lot of patronage doesn't necessarily stem from Rugby League supporters - ever been there during the day? Large patronage of Older Locals - who use the club as the centre of their social hub....Its important when you're discussing the Board Elections that this be noted - its not ALL about the Eels Rugby League Team is the point i'm trying to make (although I do know this is a Rugby League Forum) - But as a member of the Leagues Club I should be able to base my voting decisions for the Leagues Club Board on what is best for the Leagues club.

The Facts are simple - the Club has been turned from a Sink hole of funds - $9m losses in DF's last Tenure - to Significant profits currently - with Plans for future development of the club, as well as significant improvements & upgrades on the facilities.

I think you like reading too much fiction. This Board was amazing when they turned a $9m debt into a $1m profit..... a $10m turnaround in 2009... in one year - wow! ...Sure there wasn't some creative accounting or a different accounting method used....Isn't Spags and accountant? very clever too. fooled a lot of people.

eel speel

Juniors
How do you know they're not actually saving the club money?

Suity

you missed my point. Good governance from a Board should mean they should stay at arms length from any business transaction that the club makes. Not derive cash personally.These guys are as bad as Fitzy's mob!!

Just look at how Qantas, Woolworths and the multinationals run. No directors get any personal benefit!!

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I am yes.......because you seem to appear in here more often around election time(funny that) with a certain ideal in mind. My angle was if you feel so strongly about the current mob get off your ass and vote to make the change you so desperately seek. If you even feel strong enough you know of a place who have the same feeling encourage them to do the same rather being a keyboard warrior trolling posting garbage on a forum board.

Have you even looked to see if this is correct ? Or are you just following what others are claiming ?

"because you seem to appear in here more often around election time(funny that"

Jodeci

Bench
you missed my point. Good governance from a Board should mean they should stay at arms length from any business transaction that the club makes. Not derive cash personally.These guys are as bad as Fitzy's mob!!

Just look at how Qantas, Woolworths and the multinationals run. No directors get any personal benefit!!

You might want to look at that last point cause I can tell you it actually does happen with one of those companies you mentioned

Gronk

Staff member
The Firehouse should buy their pizza sauce from Elvis Pizza @ Rushcutters Bay.

#nohmnohm

jimmy77au

Juniors
I think you like reading too much fiction. This Board was amazing when they turned a $9m debt into a $1m profit..... a $10m turnaround in 2009... in one year - wow! ...Sure there wasn't some creative accounting or a different accounting method used....Isn't Spags and accountant? very clever too. fooled a lot of people.

So which member of the rival ticket are you? 12 posts, leading into an election......

The figures speak for themselves champ - the club was in the Red - they've managed to turn it around and start making money - all whilst the Football side of things (In terms of Football Results) have gone the opposite way. Its certainly given banks more confidence in the organisation that lend money to the club.....

Tony mentioned the fans are the backbone of the club - whilst I get that - its naive to think its Eels fans that are the only people to give a stuff about how the club performs. The eels play for 6 months of a year - who's frequenting the place for the other 6 (prior to WSW?).

fanaticeel

Juniors
Can you only vote on the one day? Im in Parra the following weekend as I'm going to the dragons game in wollongong.

Latest posts