What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Canberra @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade

Gotta ask, was it one of the great matches like quite a few commentators have said? It’s difficult to judge from our position because we know the team didn’t play great and I think we were collectively shitting ourselves for most of the game.

Yosh

Coach

Gotta ask, was it one of the great matches like quite a few commentators have said? It’s difficult to judge from our position because we know the team didn’t play great and I think we were collectively shitting ourselves for most of the game.
It was a great game in terms of skill. It was great game in terms of character. Everyone writing off the Raiders but they bring their monster mongrol and nearly take off our heads. We have been the best team the past 2 months but nearly fold due to finals pressure and playing in front of a super home crowd but score a thousand points in 15 minutes to take the lead. Both teams led by 10 during the match. Then the villain vampire head highs our super captain and he wins it... What a game!!

Rod

Bench
Yeah tough for us to judge. I think it would have been pretty enthralling for a neutral with all the lead and momentum changes. I imagine most assumed we would win comfortably going in, then the upset was on, then we were storming home and it looked like we would win comfortably, then they came back, then extra time...