What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs St Geo Illa @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Benchtiger

Juniors
Well with this game we will see if anything has actually changed at the WT, beating Penrith one week won't mean much if they cannot account for saints.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, today's the day we find out how we are really travelling imo, the Penrith game while fantastic, it wasn't a game we were expected to win (though the weather helped). They are the only games we seem to win?
Today's game is a game where we are expected to compete well with a chance of winning. This is not something we have been good at, but the team is looking good, so as the Sheenius says, no excuses.

For some reason I'm feeling pretty confident about this game. I can see the dragons putting the cue in the rack with about 20 minutes to go and us running away with it. Tigers 30 Saints 8

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I’m hoping this will be the breakout game. In every stat in the book except points for we are a top 6 team. Points for we are way off the pace. We start converting those tackles we’re are getting in the oppositions 20 into points and we start winning games. A little bit more depth in attack in the 20, and precision kicks into the in goal and the Tigers can transform.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I'm experiencing that rare feeling of mild confidence we can get this one. I don't think there will be many points seperating us at the end but I would be super happy with a win whatever the score.

Pezz70

Juniors
jahream doing the job in defence. Good boy!!
Still not up to scratch in attack, mistake free footy but you have to score points, need to throw more at them down their end. Anyway a win is a win and the defence has been pretty good the last few weeks, Sullivans tries should never have happened but the boys rallied well. Klemmer great again 170m 26 tackles. Api was good we went to shit when he was off the park for 15 minutes started going sideways instead of forward.

If we can get the attack to click we’re a good footy side, hopefully a bit of confidence coming our way will bring that on. They’re laying a decent foundation to make it happen now.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah we won it the first half, a bit scrappy in the second, but 2 wins in a row, good effort.

Though a pretty good effort in the end. Bula is going to be something special if he can keep it going.

Souths next week (a big ask, but we’ve done it before),
then the Cows (we owe them f**kers),
then the bye.
A good chance of at least one more win before the bye.

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
Did we break a curse? 99 times our of 100 we lose the last 2 games with those try scoring opportunities to the Panthers and Dragons. Especially when it's on the back of an impromptu bad play by the other team that lucks out, like Hunt did with that leg kick out.

Is Bula the magic? He has everything in defense, offense and support.

Brooks again played good. It was also nice to see players make mistakes but then make up for it with important plays, like Tupou and Wakeham. Some neat fast paced ball movement at times too that I haven't seen all year.

I ain't gonna fault anything because, again, 9 times out of 10 we don't back up after a win. So congratulations to the boys.

Tigerm

First Grade
I can’t put the player stats up, but it makes nice reading.
Bula topped the run meters, with Klemmer second, pretty impressive.

Tigerm

First Grade
Bula really looks the goods. He's young and is going to make mistakes. The upside is huge though. He makes it look easy and his positional play in defence is good now and will only get better. I'm really looking forward to watching his development. Hopefully for us and not another team.
Agree, hopefully we have surely learnt our lessons on that shit? He just looks like someone we can build the team around? I believe we have signed him to 2025?

The other good thing is, the rest of backs seem to be gelling now as well. Still think the halves a bit clunky, but if they get it together we are starting to look good.

simmo05

Bench
Agree, hopefully we have surely learnt our lessons on that shit? He just looks like someone we can build the team around? I believe we have signed him to 2025?

The other good thing is, the rest of backs seem to be gelling now as well. Still think the halves a bit clunky, but if they get it together we are starting to look good.
Upgrade him now before he gets disgruntled and miraculously becomes a roosters fan from childhood

Perth Tiger

Bench
Bula really looks the goods. He's young and is going to make mistakes. The upside is huge though. He makes it look easy and his positional play in defence is good now and will only get better. I'm really looking forward to watching his development. Hopefully for us and not another team.
That is the best part. Most young fullbacks can run the ball but are shit at defence and all the key positional play that the best fullbacks nail. Just look at Sloan who barely even attempts to make tackles.

The fact that Bula is having such an impact with his defence is such a good sign for him and us.

Latest posts