What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 18: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

mozza91

Coach
Has embarrassing loss written all over it doesn't it.

Don't forget Raiders are understrength too.
They’ve only got 2 or 3 players missing who’d make their best 17. Not that understrength tbh.

They’d need another 3 or 4 out for it to be classified as an embarrassing loss.

Apey

Staff member
They’ve only got 2 or 3 players missing who’d make their best 17. Not that understrength tbh.

They’d need another 3 or 4 out for it to be classified as an embarrassing loss.
Yeah true, Ricky bamboozled me by naming the same players, just in different positions.

Knight Tales

Bench
Will be interesting to see how much our attack changes now Kalyn is back. There is an opportunity to have him play a rover style of game. If he can pin that down consistently and effectively I think we make the finals. Pryce may just give him enough time and space by digging into the line .

I reckon Ponga will help us on the left edge.
Last game I saw opportunities there if we had Ponga in the line.
He also tends to go to dummy half a bit and I reckon we'll see more of that as he eases in.
Might see both Sharpe and Ponga on at the same time with Sharpe doing the traditional fullback role of adding in behind the backline on the right.

Yosh

Coach
Might be a little too pessimistic but I'm worried that we might start relying too much on Ponga again. A little less worried now Pryce is in the team because he looks like a lad who wants the ball and do something with it and not just pass it on to Ponga.

I hope our offloads and support game done drop off worse than it already is. Get Crossland, Pryce, Ponga and the like sniffing around for offloads.

Anyways great news our captain and star player is back. Let's go on another 10-0 run baby!!

Knight Tales

Bench
For us to be any chance of making the finals we will have to start with a statement down there in Canberra. The draw remaining is pretty good. The toughest sides we face are all currently wobbly. The question becomes do we take advantage of that or do what we usually do. Give them too much respect and play them back into form.
Remarkably our best performances this year have been losses. Against Storm and Panthers. That is where we need to be every week. If we do we will make the finals. And hopefully O’Brien can drive this home. That is the level we need to play at. Cos those losses will be victories most weeks.

mozza91

Coach
If we play like last week, we win.
If we try and play a gritty, through the forwards, set-for-set style, we lose.
I reckon if we play like the last 3 weeks we’ll win. Even if we play like we have the last few months bar the Bulldogs game we’ll probably win.

Yosh

Coach
We haven't been terrible this year apart from the Bulldogs games. Lost by 2-8 a couple of times to the top sides. We need to attack from the get go. We are too conservative with the ball until we are too many points behind. Hopefully Pryce and Ponga means we attack from the first minute.

It's only happened a couple of times but we seem to counter attack from our end by having the centre come back quickly and get on the outside of the winger for a lone break. Want to sdr more of this!!

Latest posts