What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Murraymob1

Juniors
Why? Are you saying that because you don't have a natural disaster in your area you should get no infrastructure spending?
I have nothing against spending on flood or bushfire repair and recovery, but there has to be some middle ground. The stadium would create a lot of jobs in an area that has a fairly high unemployment rate, and attract other events and investments.
Because the back flip had already started from scaling back to the current site to just a upgrade.they now have a excuse to now do nothing .Labour will win the next election and state they never committed to a stadium

Fangs

Coach
Because the back flip had already started from scaling back to the current site to just a upgrade.they now have a excuse to now do nothing .Labour will win the next election and state they never committed to a stadium

The libs will start it off just like SFS before the last election.

Murraymob1

Juniors
The draw is out and has us playing at Penrith .that in itself tell you something .No start time for construction not even a mention that it is still on

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
The Paceway stadium will happen.

The govt’s evaluation of the site and relocation would cost $50 million. The Paceway says it would cost over $100 million(nonsense).

On the 5th of July the mandatory six month commercial negotiation period began and on the 5th of January they will be able to be forcefully acquire the site and the govt will not be compelled to buy another site for the Paceway.

So that’s the situation. The Paceway wants to squeeze out every cent possible but the govt looks to be happy to let the clock run down a little. “If you don’t give us a reasonable price we will just take the site and not get you another home and you can go and kick rocks”.

Bob

Juniors
From the Western Weekender

EXCLUSIVE: Penrith Stadium Alliance established; backs Paceway as preferred site
EXCLUSIVE

By Troy Dodds - November 28, 2022, 14:57
There’s been a major development in the location of a new stadium in Penrith, with the new independent, apolitical Penrith Stadium Alliance officially formed and backing the Penrith Paceway as the preferred site.

The Weekender can reveal the Penrith Stadium Alliance will strongly advocate on four key issues:

Construction of a new world class multipurpose Sports and Entertainment Venue in Penrith.
That the venue be built on the current Penrith Paceway site and continuity of the existing Penrith Stadium be maintained during construction.
The current Penrith Stadium site be converted into a new public open green space.
The Penrith Paceway be relocated with the support of the NSW Government to a new site within the Penrith LGA.
Importantly the group is apolitical and “pro-Penrith” and is being driven by key local business identities.

“A new Penrith Stadium represents an amazing once in a generation investment into the Penrith CBD and we must get it right. It’s critical that local Penrith business has a strong voice on such an important issue”, said Alliance spokesperson Daniel McKinnon.
With our city and particular our CBD so critical to our local economy it’s crucial that Penrith gets the venue it needs and deserves. That can only happen on the Penrith Paceway site. The Paceway site has size for a modern stadium that just isn’t available on the current stadium site.”

The stadium debate has cooled in recent weeks but remains a major issue with no clear direction locked in for the new venue, which was announced a year ago by Premier Dominic Perrottet.
The plan was originally to knock down and re-build the current stadium, but the State Government and Infrastructure NSW are now negotiating with Penrith Paceway and want to build the stadium on their site.

They will compulsorily acquire the site if need be.

The fact the new Alliance is pushing for the Paceway option and is driven by local business identities is likely to reignite discussions around the acquisition being locked in.

With the situation in limbo, the Penrith Panthers will play at the existing stadium next season.

The stadium issue has been clouded by the fact a State Election is due to be held in March. Stadium funding remains a hot issue the winning party will need to ultimately address. The Alliance being apolitical means it can have a significant seat at the table with both major parties when it comes to the Penrith commitment.

Mr McKinnon said ensuring continuity of the current stadium is an important issue for local businesses.

“We accept that with any form of new infrastructure there is disruption and inconvenience,” he said.

“In this case we strongly believe it is in the interest of more Penrith businesses that the current stadium operations be maintained during construction of the new venue.”
Penrith Stadium Alliance has launched a website – www.penrithstadiumalliance.com.au – as well as a petition, calling for its four key points to be addressed.

It wants an assurance from government that if a new stadium is built at the Paceway, the old stadium would be converted to public land.

“With a new stadium constructed on the current Paceway site we are strongly of the view that the NSW Government and Penrith Council should collaborate to create to create a new open green space on the site of the old stadium,” Mr McKinnon said.

“We all know Penrith is growing and passive recreation spaces will be harder and harder to come by. Turning Penrith Park into a Penrith Park is a no brainer.”

Kilkenny

Coach
Having experienced the new Allianz Stadium tonight to see Elton John for the last time just cemented for me how critical it is for the City of Penrith to get a new purpose built stadium. Honestly the city needs it, deserves it and it is a no brainer. With all the new infrastructure, new airport, Camden merging with Penrith to the south it just has to be done. The citizens of Western Sydney should be able to enjoy large outdoor concerts similar to tonight without having to travel into Sydney.

Munky

Coach
I still don't understand how a stadium at Penrith will get concerts.

The reason second shows get added is because the stage and all the logistics are in place for the next day.

No one is going to play Penrith ahead of the SFS and pay to transport the stage 50km down the road the next day.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I still don't understand how a stadium at Penrith will get concerts.

The reason second shows get added is because the stage and all the logistics are in place for the next day.

No one is going to play Penrith ahead of the SFS and pay to transport the stage 50km down the road the next day.
Come to Penrith first.

soc123_au

Staff member
Having experienced the new Allianz Stadium tonight to see Elton John for the last time just cemented for me how critical it is for the City of Penrith to get a new purpose built stadium. Honestly the city needs it, deserves it and it is a no brainer. With all the new infrastructure, new airport, Camden merging with Penrith to the south it just has to be done. The citizens of Western Sydney should be able to enjoy large outdoor concerts similar to tonight without having to travel into Sydney.
I went last night too, He still goes alright for an old queen.

I was really disappointed by the wheelchair "accessible" toilets tbh. For a state of the art facility it's pretty poor. Why these infrastructure designers don't consult with the potential users of these facilities is beyond me.

The space inside the room was fine, more the door. It was inward swinging but with a handle that needs to be held while releasing it, heavier than Latrell and set about 40cm into an alcove. Also hinged to swing the wrong way trying to open it coming out for right handed people. Fair play to the left handed people on that front, but an electric slider should really be the minimum at a new venue imo. I was up in the members bar, so can't comment on the toilets in the other areas. The positive was there didn't seem to be any lines to get into any of the toilets that I could see.

The rest of the stadium is pretty mint. Food was decent and good options, a bit pricey, but that is to be expected. The line ups were also well managed, by having enough vendors which was nice.

Kilkenny

Coach
I went last night too, He still goes alright for an old queen.

I was really disappointed by the wheelchair "accessible" toilets tbh. For a state of the art facility it's pretty poor. Why these infrastructure designers don't consult with the potential users of these facilities is beyond me.

The space inside the room was fine, more the door. It was inward swinging but with a handle that needs to be held while releasing it, heavier than Latrell and set about 40cm into an alcove. Also hinged to swing the wrong way trying to open it coming out for right handed people. Fair play to the left handed people on that front, but an electric slider should really be the minimum at a new venue imo. I was up in the members bar, so can't comment on the toilets in the other areas. The positive was there didn't seem to be any lines to get into any of the toilets that I could see.

The rest of the stadium is pretty mint. Food was decent and good options, a bit pricey, but that is to be expected. The line ups were also well managed, by having enough vendors which was nice.
Food and drink prices were just as I expected.

Obviously the Merivale Group has the contract for food and beverage and while not cheap the quality of options was outstanding really. You could get a pie and fries if you wished But if you wanted something more in terms of cuisine there plenty of options. Compared to the knocked down Allianz this was infinitely better. Just no comparison.

soc123_au

Staff member
Food and drink prices were just as I expected.

Obviously the Merivale Group has the contract for food and beverage and while not cheap the quality of options was outstanding really. You could get a pie and fries if you wished But if you wanted something more in terms of cuisine there plenty of options. Compared to the knocked down Allianz this was infinitely better. Just no comparison.
The cheese burger spring rolls were delicious, piping hot too which was a nice surprise for stadium food.