What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 25 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Well the fat lady's singing for eight of us. Another season done and dusted and only a handful of wins to boot. It's alright though, we were hardly bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at the start of it.

Let's get it over with! Tonight, the Eels will once again find out what sort of deal they are v Storm, plus there's a home-final there for the taking.

Friday, Canterbury v Manly has a finals ring of yesteryear, scriptwriters couldn't have picked a better game than the Roosters v Rabbitohs at this point. Sure, no real table position is at stake but these two sides will think they can win a final or two.

Saturday, Haere Mai Mt Smart, Haere Ra Redcliffe! The Titans, safe from the spoon, should join in the celebrations. Can the Dragons officially end Brisbane's season a day early? The Cowboys v Panthers could've been interesting but the latter are resting a bunch of their stars.

Sunday, proud Newcastle have one more chance to disappoint their fans - they've been doing it all season - and the Sharks want that second-place finish. That's an excellent result for them.

We close out the regular season with Sticky's Raiders maybe needing a win over the wooden spoon-winners, woeful Wests. I hope it goes down to the wire, every season should have an exciting finale.

Enjoy, and thanks for reading the thread through another season.

Another sad season coming to an end.
I'd say there will be a few more as a clear rebuild starts again next year and I have no idea about home grown talent coming through.
Man we need some props and to learn how to defend.

Roosters v Rabbits in a new stadium will be good.

Wonder who get Nelson's elbow this week?
He will do it once in the world cup and get suspended for 4 weeks!

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, picked the purple scum just because, but the Eels could go deep, or drop out early, they’re quite the conundrum

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What does it for me with the Eels is Moses and the Queen, they get the better of the calls every single week but still charge the ref every tackle

Blair

Coach
Eels up 8-nil at halftime. No one would be confident they'll still be in front at the end.

Still, they kept the Storm scoreless for the first forty!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Best thing about this result is Parra are really going to build themselves up hugely before the incoming failure the next couple of weeks

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The thing that has to be said about Parra, however, is that they consistently beat Melbourne and Penrith. They beat both twice this year, beat Melbourne twice last year and almost beat Penrith in the semi last year. They'll aim up in the finals.

Rich102

Staff member
Aaahhh. Finals. Long time since I heard that around here. I think our lot prefer the extended break.

Blair

Coach
Aaahhh. Finals. Long time since I heard that around here. I think our lot prefer the extended break.
SJ had a stressful three years at Cronulla. The manager at his go-to resort in Fiji would always call to see if he'd make his end of regular season booking.

Blair

Coach
The Bulldogs beat Manly 21-20 in a thriller. Gee, how many straight games did Manly lose?

Taane Milne scores in the corner, 26-12. Souths coming back? There's heaps of time if they're good enough.

Manu off injured and it looks serious, why not rest key players in a game like this?

Mitchell binned for interference in the ptb.

Ten to go, Milne in again, 26-16, but too late?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Gee, it would be cruel for Raiders fans if they lost tomorrow (and the Broncos won today).

The vibe all week is that Canberra are already there for week one of finals! But they are at Leichhardt, on a Sunday afternoon. That is not easy.

I have schadenfreude.

Rich102

Staff member
I believe you can get ointment from the chemist in a brown paper bag.

The Bulldogs beat Manly 21-20 in a thriller. Gee, how many straight games did Manly lose?

Taane Milne scores in the corner, 26-12. Souths coming back? There's heaps of time if they're good enough.

Manu off injured and it looks serious, why not rest key players in a game like this?

Straight the optimum word there for Manly!
Some where over the rainbow.....
Or someone get over the rainbow!
Walker played well in parts.

Nice Stadium (looks like Storm home ground) and Roosters fans actually showed up, free tickets?
Oh hold on....

Latest posts