What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
poor sutton...

the night had been going so well up until that fight, too..

he'd been hanging out with fans before hand..

dpg6dy.png

telling them all kinds of stories about his usual adventure filled holidays...

like that time he went to spain...

md2gaq.png

and it had been such a wonderful trip to arizona beforehand... so many great sights to be seen..

3166gpl.png

he'd even sat down to gain some leadership mentoring from the best, to try and take his captaincy to the next level..

w1wivq.png

and then he goes and stuffs it all up with a silly arrest...

i guess nothing left for him to do about the incident..

but to shake it off...

5duhch.png

Noname36

First Grade
poor sutton...

the night had been going so well up until that fight, too..

he'd been hanging out with fans before hand..

dpg6dy.png

telling them all kinds of stories about his usual adventure filled holidays...

like that time he went to spain...

md2gaq.png

and it had been such a wonderful trip to arizona beforehand... so many great sights to be seen..

3166gpl.png

he'd even sat down to gain some leadership mentoring from the best, to try and take his captaincy to the next level..

w1wivq.png

and then he goes and stuffs it all up with a silly arrest...

i guess nothing left for him to do about the incident..

but to shake it off...

5duhch.png

Hahahahaha!

Quality.

Canard

Immortal
Private organisations have no obligation to publically air everything that occurs at their clubs. Can you imagine if your workplace did that? Every indiscretion somebody makes becomes public knowledge?

NRL clubs aren't like typical workplaces though.

It's the cover up that is disturbing.

There is already a perception that Richo will be pulling strings for Souffs at NRL HQ, like Toddy does for the Dogs, this is just reinforcing it.

snoozer

Bench
f**k you muzby!

i just snorted coffee thanks to you you merkin.

the spain one wins it by the way.

BranVan3000

Coach
1. they needed to make it clear to the integrity unit what occurred. given that the case has been re-opened, it does not appear to be that way.

2. sutton earns a living through his talent & profile. even in a private organisation, if a person has a high enough profile the public demands to know. it's part of the society we live in today. you can't expect on one hand to make a living off your profile, and on the other try and keep it private. it's the price of fame (doesn't make it right, no. but it's how it is..)

3. souths pull in revenue from sponsors and members. are you a member? don't you want to know what is happening with your membership $$? would you prefer it go into football clinics at schools or to a US lawyer to fund your captain's bad behaviour?
The case has been reopened due to media pressure. And if any actions have influenced that it appears to have been the actions of Luke Burgess. There is nothing to indicate Souths weren't entirely truthful to the Integrity unit.

2. One of the dumbest things I've read. Having a high profile does not mean you're obliged to every detail of their lives. Do you think the same applies to celebrities? If they do something embarrassing then their publicist should get out and make sure everybody hears about it. And shit we are talking about people and journalists having a whinge because Sourhs didn't go out of their way to publicise an embarrassing story. Essentially these journos are pissed off because they had to do some actual journalism.

carcharias

Immortal
The case has been reopened due to media pressure. And if any actions have influenced that it appears to have been the actions of Luke Burgess. There is nothing to indicate Souths weren't entirely truthful to the Integrity unit.

2. One of the dumbest things I've read. Having a high profile does not mean you're obliged to every detail of their lives. Do you think the same applies to celebrities? If they do something embarrassing then their publicist should get out and make sure everybody hears about it. And shit we are talking about people and journalists having a whinge because Sourhs didn't go out of their way to publicise an embarrassing story. Essentially these journos are pissed off because they had to do some actual journalism.

As a sharks fan I find this wonderful
...and I couldn't give a rats how it came about
I don't dislike the drunkenbunnies I am just glad it's some other mobs turn.
:)
Just enjoy the ride.

Snappy

Coach
And if any actions have influenced that it appears to have been the actions of Luke Burgess. There is nothing to indicate Souths weren't entirely truthful to the Integrity unit.

When he was a contracted Souffs player on a Souffs training camp. Stop trying to wash your hand of him.

If Souffs had told the integrity unit that the victim was paid to drop the charges than you can be sure that there would have been some heavier punishment.

From a sharks perspective I can assure bunnies fans that the best course of action is to say nothing.

At least when it's all done and dusted you don't look like a goose if your club has been dumb as dogshit

BunniesMan

Immortal
When he was a contracted Souffs player on a Souffs training camp. Stop trying to wash your hand of him.

If Souffs had told the integrity unit that the victim was paid to drop the charges than you can be sure that there would have been some heavier punishment.

What ridiculous logic. How can you punish someone for exercising their legal rights?