What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

Brutus

Referee
New Zealand are the smokies.

I want to see Brendan McCallum ramp Starc for six sixes in one over.

Snappy

Coach
What ridiculous logic. How can you punish someone for exercising their legal rights?

NRL players must abide by a code of conduct. Because the drunken incident happened in a jurisdiction where you can legally bribe a victim to drop charges, doesnt mean the incident didnt happen.

Had he not paid off the victim he would have been charged. That should be as good as actually being charged in the eyes of the Integrity Unit and the code of conduct.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
1. they needed to make it clear to the integrity unit what occurred. given that the case has been re-opened, it does not appear to be that way.

2. sutton earns a living through his talent & profile. even in a private organisation, if a person has a high enough profile the public demands to know. it's part of the society we live in today. you can't expect on one hand to make a living off your profile, and on the other try and keep it private. it's the price of fame (doesn't make it right, no. but it's how it is..)

3. souths pull in revenue from sponsors and members. are you a member? don't you want to know what is happening with your membership $$? would you prefer it go into football clinics at schools or to a US lawyer to fund your captain's bad behaviour?

Now the bolded part is without doubt the funniest thing in this thread.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Disclaimer if Nemiwinks returns with threats of legal action: Parody ahead with fair use laws permitting artistic license.

I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I bomb try after try after try
I can't get no, I can't get no
When I'm fightin' in a bar
And that man asks us to behave, yo
And he's tellin' me more and more
About some LOL@souffs information
Supposed to find my imagination
I can't get no, oh no no no
Hey hey hey, that's what I pay
He can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I bomb try after try after try
When I'm pointin' on TV
And Rusty comes on to tell me
How white my bunnies be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't choke
The same ninff place as me
Hey hey hey, that's what I say
He can't get no girl reaction
Cause I bomb try after try after try
When I'm fightin' round the world
And I'm doin' this and I'm throwing that
And I'm tryin' to make some girl
Who tells me baby better come back later next week
Cause you see I'm on a Redfern street
Hey hey hey, that's what I pay
He can't get no satisfaction
No satisfaction, no satisfaction, no satisfaction

20150211_South_800x600.jpg

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow 580 replies about a push. Some people don't have a life.

Bring on the cricket.

All the Souths haters are extremely jealous.

Players have committed a lot worse crimes than this over the years.

Honestly Sutton has received a fair punishment. Let's deal with Luke Burgess and get on with it.

Going to sit back and watch World Cup this arvo. Let's beat the Poms!

Card Shark

Immortal
I agree Sutton has been punished enough & Burgess needs a rest but.....You still miss the point dopey - if Souths didn't divulge all the details to the Integrity Commission, they are culpable too.

If they first reported it to the Integtity Commission as it happened & then got back to them with "it's not that bad, just a misunderstanding, charges have been dropped", without explaining why, surely the club has a case to answer too.

How long was it between the incident & charges being dropped?

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree Sutton has been punished enough & Burgess needs a rest but.....You still miss the point dopey - if Souths didn't divulge all the details to the Integrity Commission, they are culpable too.

If they first reported it to the Integtity Commission as it happened & then got back to them with "it's not that bad, just a misunderstanding, charges have been dropped", without explaining why, surely the club has a case to answer too.

How long was it between the incident & charges being dropped?

At least we agreed on something it's a miracle. Lol:lol::lol:

Once the investigation is over we will know if Souths stuffed up and covered up some of the details.

Hopefully it's before the season starts.

BranVan3000

Coach
When he was a contracted Souffs player on a Souffs training camp. Stop trying to wash your hand of him.

If Souffs had told the integrity unit that the victim was paid to drop the charges than you can be sure that there would have been some heavier punishment.

Ridiculous. Since when have clubs been punished for the choices of individuals? It is the individual that gets punished, and in line with that it is the individual who has to deal with the legal repercussions. Burgess employed his own lawyer who used civil remedy to get the charges dropped
Souths being at fault is like saying your employer is responsible for your actions outside of work. You may represent your workplace (especially on a work funded trip), but the onus is on the individual for their personal actions and there is no scenario where it is the fault of the employer. You guys would love this to be the fault of the Rabbitohs but it's not.

bottle

Coach
No cover up, no story.
There's only two reasons that this thread has got to the point it has -
1. Something stinks.
2. Dumb fans trying to sanitise it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ridiculous. Since when have clubs been punished for the choices of individuals? It is the individual that gets punished, and in line with that it is the individual who has to deal with the legal repercussions. Burgess employed his own lawyer who used civil remedy to get the charges dropped
Souths being at fault is like saying your employer is responsible for your actions outside of work. You may represent your workplace (especially on a work funded trip), but the onus is on the individual for their personal actions and there is no scenario where it is the fault of the employer. You guys would love this to be the fault of the Rabbitohs but it's not.

Mate we have to wait for all the details and investigation to finish.

As a Souths member you can't say it's not our fault at all. Richo might have covered some of it up or someone else high up in the club.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
imagine it would have been rather hard to arrange a visa for the WCC if there were current charges outstanding against any particular individual wishing to enter the UK.......

BunniesMan

Immortal
In the words of a great poet: haters gonna hate hate hate. We're the premiers AND 9s champions. f**k the haters.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In the words of a great poet: haters gonna hate hate hate. We're the premiers AND 9s champions. f**k the haters.
and whilst you're at it, f**k due process, f**k the integrity commission, f**k the safety of another human being, f**k telling the truth to your members and fans..

they're all haters..

Latest posts