What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 20 v Dolphins

Takeaways -

Discipline - it was fairly bog average and the only reason Dolphins were even in this game. Sure some ref calls were blatantly bad but can only control what you can control. Fix the discipline up and games like this shouldn’t be a worry or as close.

Tago - animal. Lock him in with an extension now before his value sky rockets.

Edwards - Great game leading the Panthers troops. Such an all rounder player and fantastic group leader.

Kenny - Tried hard. Can’t fault his efforts this game. Incorrectly penalised for a strip that wasn’t.

Leniu - Seemed to be only only bench forward running straight. Smith was too sideways today. Spencer was great.

Jenkins - played great. Outside his one defensive lapse from the Nikorima dummy half try he was really good. Kept that left side attack of Dolphins under wraps.

Halves - Luai in attack was fairly quiet this game but defensively strong. Coggers sin bin was ridiculous by him, not sure what he was thinking. Both did a job and played ok without being overly impactful.

Overall - bad win, clunky and defensively not the best. Few lapses. Celebrate for 10 mins and move on to next week. Bring on the full strength squad!

Last edited:
Takeaways -

Discipline - it was fairly bog average and the only reason Dolphins were even in this game. Sure some ref calls were blatantly bad but can only control what you can control. Fix the discipline up and games like this shouldn’t be a worry or as close.

Tago - animal. Lock him in with an extension now before his value sky rockets.

Edwards - Great game leading the Panthers troops. Such an all rounder player and fantastic group leader.

Kenny - Tried hard. Can’t fault his efforts this game. Incorrectly penalised for a strip that wasn’t.

Leniu - Seemed to be only only bench forward running straight. Smith was too sideways today. Spencer was great.

Overall - bad win, clunky and defensively not the best. Few lapses. Celebrate for 10 mins and move on to next week. Bring on the full strength squad!
I feel that is a bit harsh re bad win. Any victory during Origin period is good. All up, 3 from 4 during Origin disruption (one loss is golden point) and no long term injuries.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
An ugly win but I will take it with who is missing. Left points out there and lost our way a bit. Class in the end got us home.

Edwards should have been the GK not Cogger.

Tago's amazing form continues.

Happy for Jenkins to get a couple of tries. A good moment for him.

murraymob

Coach
I will take that win .the boys defence was great .It was only our bad discipline that kept them in and missed conversions
Soni Luke cops heaps on here but when he came in we started playing more direct instead of running sideways to a inside pass easy to defend. Get a grip everyone we had 5 world class players out against a full strength team .As others have said tago could well turn out our best ever center as he continues to develop

I feel that is a bit harsh re bad win. Any victory during Origin period is good. All up, 3 from 4 during Origin disruption (one loss is golden point) and no long term injuries.
Up 3 tries to 0 before bad discipline put the defensive line under pressure and directly lead to all of Dolphins points. Then had to play catch up and made the game way harder than it had to be. It was a bad win, never should’ve been as close as it was with 10 to go. 50/50 calls aside. Panthers played good, again just the overall discipline almost hurt them and I see that as a bad thing. Just my 2 cents

Flashstep

Juniors
He has glimpses of such talent it's just pisses me off. I want him to be good

yea I get it. I think the biggest issue is he doesn’t click with the rest of the team. But he doesn’t really get the game time to build chemistry, whether that’s because of fitness/strength issues or just Ivan not trusting him enough for more time who knows.

Lucky escape dolphins were the better team
No they weren’t - they were piggybacked out of their own half and given what seemed like an endless amount of 6 agains in Panthers half. Panthers defensively had them in control and it was only due to Panthers own bad discipline at times that put the Dolphins in the game - in fact all the dolphins points came off 6 agains.

Had dolphins won it would’ve been due to panthers beating themselves, make no mistake about that. Some discipline errors should be fixed once the 5 starters return next week.

Girds89

Bench
Tago will be the best centre in the game... I've thought this for 3-4 years. Last 6-7 weeks is a glimpse of what he's capable of

Dyl continues to prove he is one of the greatest panthers ever.... seriously people love yeo... people loved Brandy... people loved gowie.. Edwards is in that category easy. Easy!

Jenkins was solid.

Turuva is a gun... shame he's so small but really he's a star.

Luai i had hoped for more... Ivan needs to tell him to run run run run.. I think he's a better player when he thinks run first not play make.

Thought hosking was great

Coggers goal kicking was so bad. I'd do better and I haven't kicked a footy for 15 years.

The soro 2md row experience rolls on..man's a freak...

The rest of them were just soo soo

martielang

Bench
Gees we’ve had it way too good if people are complaining about that win. Thought it was a fantastic win tbh Away from home, well down on troops and on the back foot for the majority. Even when they scored there were 3 or 4 defenders there trying to get their hands under the ball despite it being 1/100 chance of stopping it.

Thought Leota really turned it coming back for his second stint. Nothing flashy but just got us rolling again.

Cogger is doing an awesome job steering the ship and defensively he and that right side came up with some huge plays.