What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 20 v Dolphins

MrBlack

Juniors
Regardless of how we played this week and the last month rep season is now over and we are still on top.

Lost just one game through this period and rested all our players.

well done Ivan managing anther rep season.

We have another gear to go and are the best placed team going into the back part of the season now

The Realist

Juniors
Takeaways -

Discipline - it was fairly bog average and the only reason Dolphins were even in this game. Sure some ref calls were blatantly bad but can only control what you can control. Fix the discipline up and games like this shouldn’t be a worry or as close.

Tago - animal. Lock him in with an extension now before his value sky rockets.

Edwards - Great game leading the Panthers troops. Such an all rounder player and fantastic group leader.

Kenny - Tried hard. Can’t fault his efforts this game. Incorrectly penalised for a strip that wasn’t.

Leniu - Seemed to be only only bench forward running straight. Smith was too sideways today. Spencer was great.

Jenkins - played great. Outside his one defensive lapse from the Nikorima dummy half try he was really good. Kept that left side attack of Dolphins under wraps.

Halves - Luai in attack was fairly quiet this game but defensively strong. Coggers sin bin was ridiculous by him, not sure what he was thinking. Both did a job and played ok without being overly impactful.

Overall - bad win, clunky and defensively not the best. Few lapses. Celebrate for 10 mins and move on to next week. Bring on the full strength squad!

Perfectly summed up.

The Realist

Juniors
Imagine what we could do with luai money

I've been a big Luai supporter from the very start but I am starting to think the same. I am not sure what he offers this team in its current incarnation. Part of the reason we have been clunky this year is because when Luai runs from a near standing start - it is close to impossible for our players to run off him and also time any runs. Adding to that is his passing game and selection isn't that fantastic for a Half. He is pretty average in this regard and that's why our left, and the NSW left hasn't really clicked this year.

I've been a big Luai supporter from the very start but I am starting to think the same. I am not sure what he offers this team in its current incarnation. Part of the reason we have been clunky this year is because when Luai runs from a near standing start - it is close to impossible for our players to run off him and also time any runs. Adding to that is his passing game and selection isn't that fantastic for a Half. He is pretty average in this regard and that's why our left, and the NSW left hasn't really clicked this year.
The system we have here has players increasing their value. We can put anyone half there and do a job for less. It is Tago now we must keep with L Smith

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He has all the skills but we need far more.

What I will say is today was his best long kicking by far

He was great only a fortnight ago against Storm and also vs Knights. It can’t always be just about attack though, Luai has been great defensively - far better than majority of the 5’8s in the comp and I’m sure his tackling efficiency will back that up. Plus you risk putting in a player there who sure might set up 2 tries extra but might also leak in 2-3 tries at the same time therefore negating any advantage. food for thought.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Really? You think an Orginhalf let's the game drift like that?

I’m not doing this again with you. You clearly don’t understand what goes into winning an NRL game, let alone one with 6 elite players missing. Everything needs to be dialled back and high percentage footy played. It’s not a school boy footy carnival.

I can assure you that Ivan would be quite happy with that performance.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I’m not doing this again with you. You clearly don’t understand what goes into winning an NRL game, let alone one with 6 elite players missing. Everything needs to be dialled back and high percentage footy played. It’s not a school boy footy carnival.

I can assure you that Ivan would be quite happy with that performance.
He wasn't good enough. An Origin player dropped like that grabs this by the balls

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You just said yourself “He’s best long kicking game” in a game where we are missing all our stars and needed to kick to the corners and defend.

He kicked well and is elite in defence.

If you can’t see this you just have no idea mate.
His defence is always good. He didn't do shit with the ball

MrBlack

Juniors
You just said yourself “He’s best long kicking game” in a game where we are missing all our stars and needed to kick to the corners and defend.

He kicked well and is elite in defence.

If you can’t see this you just have no idea mate.
Weve won 2 grand finals with him in our spine.

unless you use his money to get Munster to Penrith there will not be any improvement.