What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

JokerEel

Coach
I didn't see game but talked to dad.He said he was Slow,poor service and small.

Only thing I agree with was Small...

If people actually watched they would have seen him on both sides of the field while we were in defense he made 2 tackles that caused an error...

Engaged the markers and took runs from dummy half.

What were peoples thoughts on the pass from Hands to Moses that he almost dropped...

Parra Pride

Referee
I called it that our season was over when Moses got injured in Round 3.

The stark reality now is that these mentally piss weak merkins have f**k all to play for now.

At least I got on early and got us at $19 to get the Spoon.
It was plain as day to see really, I've called it for a while now. There were people who wanted to act like Moses return would just instantly turn us around, but it was never going to happen. As good as he is there are just too many other merkins who need to contribute on a footy field for one player to change things.

Noise

Coach
It was plain as day to see really, I've called it for a while now. There were people who wanted to act like Moses return would just instantly turn us around, but it was never going to happen. As good as he is there are just too many other merkins who need to contribute on a footy field for one player to change things.
Yep one merkin in particular kept saying we are fine this year when Moses plays.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The defence is putrid. Has been for so long. It’s really sad to watch.
TCT were hammered in the off season with questions regarding the defensive work being done. They fended it off mostly but its quite clear even the most optimistic amongst Eels fans were concerned re our D. It appears every Eels fan bar BA and his coaching team. Sadly it just gets worse.

Chipmunk

Coach
One issue for mine is that we're not a team, don't play as a team, and have little to no team systems.

Everything we do is made up on the run tackle-to-tackle.

The entire BA tactics were based purely and simply on nothing more than the sum of the brilliance of the individuals.

His chase the collision and front load the effort disappeared when the players did who delivered that.

I've seen some resemblance of team systems being bought in by Barrett, but it will take fresh ideas, and an entire off season to be able to build this.

Mentality is a disgrace, and we're as soft as f**k.

JokerEel

Coach
One issue for mine is that we're not a team, don't play as a team, and have little to no team systems.

Everything we do is made up on the run tackle-to-tackle.

The entire BA tactics were based purely and simply on nothing more than the sum of the brilliance of the individuals.

His chase the collision and front load the effort disappeared when the players did who delivered that.

I've seen some resemblance of team systems being bought in by Barrett, but it will take fresh ideas, and an entire off season to be able to build this.

Mentality is a disgrace, and we're as soft as f**k.

We don't play as a team..

When Paulo got driven back in the second half he should have had another run that set instead he sat back and watched as his job was done...

When players are taking a run 12 other players are standing their watching them not backing them up.

In defense our players don't put any fear into the attack we stand their waiting for them..

DaveMc

Juniors
You know, in a way I wish we didn't sack BA. It would have been fitting to end his 11 year reign with a spoon.

Everyone else involved in either coaching or recruiting for 1st grade needs to be sacked.
Definitely. There was that comment from Arthur’s biggest fan earlier in the thread about “I told you all to be careful what you wished for in getting rid of BA”, as though he isn’t the biggest player in this entire predicament. Sacking him when the board did, while well overdue, was the right thing to do. But I do kinda wish he was still coach to cop the flak for the ongoing shit that’s being dished up every week.

hindy111

Post Whore
Definitely. There was that comment from Arthur’s biggest fan earlier in the thread about “I told you all to be careful what you wished for in getting rid of BA”, as though he isn’t the biggest player in this entire predicament. Sacking him when the board did, while well overdue, was the right thing to do. But I do kinda wish he was still coach to cop the flak for the ongoing shit that’s being dished up every week.

Barretts come in when the hard part of the draw kicked in and season was shot. You'll see shortly the big score lines. You 30+ point losses. A few games we may win by playing care free footy and passes sticking but when they don't and the sides gives up early you will get th 40-10 point losses.