What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

Eelementary

Post Whore
The excuses are becoming increasingly more unpalatable.

This club is rotten to the core.

Who is worth keeping?

Moses, obviously.

Gutho, despite being on his last legs, at least still puts in.

Penisini is young, so he gets a benefit of the doubt from me - ditto Brown.

Joffa always puts in.

And then everyone else, who can go and get f**ked.

Actually, Russell isn't that great, but he at least puts in.

Bring Harper back to the side - at least he gives a shit.

Sivo is still soft, and lazy.

JokerEel

Coach
Blaize may be the biggest fraud to come out of the club since Brian Jackson. The Arthur brothers may be channeling the Emery brothers.

We should offer him 200k max for 3 seasons..
Stick him in cup for the next season and play him in 1 position ffs..

Anymore than that and we can see our club is a joke .

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think it's complete doom and gloom cause we do have Moses/Brown.
Brown who is playing shit behind a bad pack and garbage backs still has 10 LBAs and 11 TAs.
If he finishes the season with 15-20 of both that's decent in a weak side.

Our best defenders where Marata and Stone who we let walk. Kafusi was also decent. Opacic was a rock.

Gutherson who has been great along with Jnr are chewing up 1.6mill and both are cooked as players.
Guth only has one more year and hopefully we somehow get Jnr off the books.
That leaves a lot of money to spend along with Lomax coming.
Once we can sort this our guys like Peninsi will look very good

Eelementary

Post Whore
I watched the game last night no low volume, as my kids were sleeping, and had been sick this week, so the fact they went to bed early was a win, and I didn't dare wake them up.

I digress.

Can someone please explain to me:

(1) Sivo's no-try clearly touched the white line, imo - why was it disallowed?

(2) Talagi's no-try, his wrist was in the ball when it touched the line
I've seen tries like that awarded. Why was it disallowed?

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
I watched the game last night no low volume, as my kids were sleeping, and.jad been sick this week, so the game they went to bed early was a win.

I digress.

Good questions. Things you may have also not heard:
Sivo’s “knock on”
Gough’s unlucky accident to stop Gutho

If there was anything worse than our ruck effort, it was the NRL allowing their refs to binge drink before the game

Wally21

Bench
I watched the game last night no low volume, as my kids were sleeping, and.jad been sick this week, so the game they went to bed early was a win.

I digress.

That’s the thing Eele, will have to wait for old mate Annesley to make some shit up on Monday to try and explain it. Then of course the shit will continue because he enables the inneptitude.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good questions. Things you may have also not heard:
Sivo’s “knock on”
Gough’s unlucky accident to stop Gutho

If there was anything worse than our ruck effort, it was the NRL allowing their refs to binge drink before the game

Yeah, I was miffed when the Knights got the ball back when Sivo threw it back infield...I figured they called it a knock-on, but I could not see how the came up with that conclusion...

And the ref not getting out of Gutho's way in the first half was disgraceful.

JokerEel

Coach

I digress.

Sivos no try pissed me off Gough went up no try for that but the Bradman Best try where it was held up he gave it a try on the field without even seeing it hit the ground..

Basically this shows me he has unconscious bias...

Anyway Sivos was a try as you could see it touch white..

Talagi is a no try you can't roll it forward on the ground before the line .I get what you are saying but that's when the ball leaves the hand and still has contact with your wrist while still in the air and you ground it it's a try...

Eelementary

Post Whore
That’s the thing Eele, will have to wait for old mate Annesley to make some shit up on Monday to try and explain it. Then of course the shit will continue because he enables the inneptitude.

I just figured the video ref provided an explanation as to why our two tries were denied, when they were clearly tries.

I have a few mates who are Knights fans, and they're crying about their disallowed tries - but as far as I can tell, those calls were correct (offside from the kick, knock on, loose carry).

But Sivo, and Talagi? No idea in the world why they were disallowed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sivos no try pissed me off Gough went up no try for that but the Bradman Best try where it was held up he gave it a try on the field without even seeing it hit the ground..

Basically this shows me he has unconscious bias...

Anyway Sivos was a try as you could see it touch white..

Talagi is a no try you can't roll it forward on the ground before the line .I get what you are saying but that's when the ball leaves the hand and still has contact with your wrist while still in the air and you ground it it's a try...

Yeah, the thing is, with Talagi,'s try, I've seen that awarded before.

I can cop a no-try for that one.

But Sivo clearly touched the white line, and for them to disallow it, really confused me.

Avenger

Immortal
You Karens don't know what to do with yourselves when everyone is criticising the club on a Sunday morning. All you have left is to find someone not shitting on them enough or your way. 🙄
I’ve got the flu and it’s raining outside. What else is there to do?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You Karens don't know what to do with yourselves when everyone is criticising the club on a Sunday morning. All you have left is to find someone not shitting on them enough or your way. 🙄
Sad Doctor Who GIF