What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

Soto

Bench
I watched the game last night no low volume, as my kids were sleeping, and had been sick this week, so the fact they went to bed early was a win, and I didn't dare wake them up.

I digress.

Can someone please explain to me:

(1) Sivo's no-try clearly touched the white line, imo - why was it disallowed?

(2) Talagi's no-try, his wrist was in the ball when it touched the line
I've seen tries like that awarded. Why was it disallowed?
💯 fkn BS decisions of the highest order...both tries every fkn day of the week

Chipmunk

Coach
I know this forum has gone into it’s usual meltdown after a loss, the whole team needs to be sacked etc, but FFS we lost by a few points on the back of two 90m tries by Best against the run of play and there were two absolute bunker clangers against us.

Anyway yesterday’s fish n chip paper. The ultimate difference last night was that their 2, 3, 4 & 5 were superior and outplayed us. That’s no news flash, cos everyone knows that we have no backs.

I don’t think that Sivo was that bad last night.

Blaize is out of position and still very young.

Russell is a good squad player. Not a starter in a good side.

Penisni had a shocker, but he is still only 21.
3 of those 4 backs are in our Best 17 though

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Avenger

Immortal
Well that's the position he played in Ball and Flegg last season..

Is he a better centre than Penisini? doubt it.

I think he could be a fullback but he needs to go back and learn not play on the wing in first grade to keep him happy so he doesn't leave....
I couldn’t give a f**k if any of them leave except Moses, Hopgood and Joffa who has easily been our best player all season.

The rest are either past th
To be fair we scored enough tries (five). The problem is we conceded six of them. Newcastle are averaging about three per game this year: https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2024&stat=38
Our defence has been a problem for several years. BA from memory always had teams with a poor for an against. Even in 2022 our defence was from memory the 9th best in the NRL.

JokerEel

Coach
I couldn’t give a f**k if any of them leave except Moses, Hopgood and Joffa who has easily been our best player all season.

The rest are either past th

Our defence has been a problem for several years. BA from memory always had teams with a poor for an against. Even in 2022 our defence was from memory the 9th best in the NRL.

100% I said earlier offer Blaize 200k max if he leaves oh well we move on I thought it was ridiculous that the club promoted him as a fullback when we had Twidle being the Ball and Flegg fullback last year..

Basically a big FU to the kid when he was playing fullback and winning...

lucablight

First Grade