What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. New Zealand Warriors @Suncorp (Magic Round)

Iamback

Coach
I disagree it is a shot rule. If the attacker puts their chest on the defender and drives then no issues. It’s this riding them to the ground stuff that is dangerous and doesn’t need to be in the game.

Fish didn't do that though. He was under the player being tackled as was the one on Garner

Iamback

Coach
The key component of a hip drop is the weight of the defender falling on the leg. Avoid that and you avoid a penalty.

In both cases today they were a 2 man tackle.

So what does both Fish and I think it was Ale do in that situation not to get penalised?

The key word they use now is a player has a duty of care

Shady_Flanno

Juniors
I disagree it is a shit rule. If the attacker puts their chest on the defender and drives then no issues. It’s this riding them to the ground stuff that is dangerous and doesn’t need to be in the game.
I mean, I agree it's a dangerous tackle that could really hurt someone. Bunker needs to use some discretion & commonsense with half of the decisions because its being milked tf out of now.

Whino

Bench
A poor performance all round.
We had a chance to level. Who knows what would have happened if we did. The truth is we didn't deserve a chance to win. The Warriors were better defensively, had better completions, metres, runs, and line breaks. They cashed in at Yeo's sin binning, but quite frankly they should have been ahead earlier.

We have been paying average for most of the season.
The Manly performance was a warning. Our recent wins have papered over the cracks.
Everyone expects us to click into gear. Maybe we don't. I have seen very little this season to suggest we can reach the heights of previous years.
Next week is going to be very hard. If we can't put in a vastly improved performance. We are in trouble.

Iamback

Coach
Drop and wrap the legs with arms

In reality that is impossible.

Remember the replay is slowed right down and with leg tackles that have someone up high. Fish isn't in that position if the other defender comes a split second earlier or later

They really need ex players/coaches in the bunker.

Ones like the Tago ones are clear cut, The 2 today were just accidents that go with a contact sport

Last edited:

Panfa

Juniors
How come we never get 6 against any more?
Why did the Warriors not get a player sinbinned for the 2 foul tackles?
How did we become the most penalised team in the comp?
It is becoming obvious we are reffed differently to everybody else. They are calling held early when driving back, late if there is a chance of an offload, never sin binning an opposition player, never giving a 50-50 Penriths way.
It seems 4 in a row isn't what the NRL wants!
The way Edwards was kicking today he was more chance of missing it then levelling the game.We should have taken the tap and gone for it warriors would have cracked out wide.

Pretty hard with peachey as your centre outside you. Pretty sure we had a spread to the left and the ball just died with him. Look Luai was not perfect but I could name about 5 people in front of him who played a bigger part in that loss
Why was Alamoti taken off?

Latest posts