What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Dragons

Michael Matral

Juniors
I know it's early but it's an important game, this is one we need to bank.

1. Edwards
2. Turuva
3. Tago(if back)/Garner
4. Chrichton
5. Jenkins
6. Peachey
7. Cogger
8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Soro
12. Hosking
13. Eisenhuth
14. Luke
15. Smith
16. Salmon
17. Riki

Thoughts?

betcats

Referee
Henry will get picked I think. Bench will be something like Henry/Garner/L.Smith/Salmon. Seems a good chance Kenny will start at 13 and Luke at hooker. Kenny will get a rest and spell Luke at hooker at some point.

YoungPanther

Juniors
I'd play them all after SOO1. It will be almost 2 weeks since they played Broncs. Then the following Sunday (after SOO1), Saturday week and another 10 days off to SOO2.

I think rest them all after SOO3, but other than injury, I think they all should back up after SOO1.

Fangs

Coach
One of the trickiest parts of the season coming up for the Panthers. I'm not a fan of any players backing up with a shortened turn around but most clubs still do it.

Penrith went 3 from 3 in 2022 after Origin:

Origin Game 1 - To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin, Yeo, Crichton...42-6 win over Newcastle. All players back up except Yeo (He was concussed in game 1).

Origin Game 2 - To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin, Yeo, Crichton...26-18 win over Roosters. All players back up.

Origin Game 3 - To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin, Yeo, Crichton, Korisau...18-16 win over Tigers. All players rested.

Keep in mind we were 4-6 points clear in 1st when we played these games. So considering our ladder position now I assume everyone will back up for this Dragons game.

Iamback

Coach
Crichton will be 6 before Peachey.

I think they just insert the NSW Cup halves for familarity. Garner has a decent combo with Falls which allows Sorro to the bench for impact

If that 17 for NSW is true, Martin can back up as he will get limited time.

I'd run this 17

Edwards
Turuva
Tago
Crichton
Jenkins
Falls
Cogger
Leota
Kenny
JFH
Garner
Hosking
Peachey

Luke
Smith
Sorensen
Salmon

Iamback

Coach
One of the trickiest parts of the season coming up for the Panthers. I'm not a fan of any players backing up with a shortened turn around but most clubs still do it.

Penrith went 3 from 3 in 2022 after Origin:

Origin Game 1 - To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin, Yeo, Crichton...42-6 win over Newcastle. All players back up except Yeo (He was concussed in game 1).

Origin Game 2 - To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin, Yeo, Crichton...26-18 win over Roosters. All players back up.

Origin Game 3 - To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin, Yeo, Crichton, Korisau...18-16 win over Tigers. All players rested.

Keep in mind we were 4-6 points clear in 1st when we played these games. So considering our ladder position now I assume everyone will back up for this Dragons game.

We don't have any post Origin byes. Guess it depends on whether they feel we can get in a position to rest guys later

martielang

Bench
Either the NRL needs to step in, or the Blues simply blacklist him from any future games.

Why? Think he should have every right to play for South’s. 18th man should come from a team with a bye or if not, the player/club should be allowed to play the weekend before.

betcats

Referee
Why? Think he should have every right to play for South’s. 18th man should come from a team with a bye or if not, the player/club should be allowed to play the weekend before.

I think they are allowed to play. Im sure we got Critta back for a game once.