What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Broncos

WestyLife

First Grade
Moving or dropping one player is big enough. After yesterday they might just do that.

Two changes on an edge is what I call a wholesale change. It's just too much. Keep in mind Cleary hasn't been there either and he is one of the best defensive halves in the game.

That's fair. I just think if the boss calls you out there needs to be an escalation if things don't improve or get worse. Also if those two specifically are being called out the issues must be unrelated to the roster issues they're having which yeah your right Nathan out and a prop at second rower is not ideal.

Fangs

Coach
That's fair. I just think if the boss calls you out there needs to be an escalation if things don't improve or get worse. Also if those two specifically are being called out the issues must be unrelated to the roster issues they're having which yeah your right Nathan out and a prop at second rower is not ideal.

The May thing is the unknown factor. It's got to be having some impact on the group.

martielang

Bench
Too far down the road with Tago/Turuva combo, think we need to stick solid. I didn't see any huge issues yesterday. Cows second try was a couple of plays from the intercept where we had been skittled and Schneider was defending at centre.

Laurie would get murdered in the centres against Cobbo or Staggs.

age.s

First Grade
The second try was very strange. Yes some disorganisation after an intercept is understandable, but the Cows did nothing with the ball for 2 or 3 plays which should be more than enough time for the line to get settled. Yet Tago was still in the middle, with a massive gap between Schneider and Turuva. On Tago to some degree, but overall it was indicative of a lack of leadership within the group. Someone should have been barking at him long before it became a problem.

Good example of the kind of problems a defensive organising fullback solves for you.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Too far down the road with Tago/Turuva combo, think we need to stick solid. I didn't see any huge issues yesterday. Cows second try was a couple of plays from the intercept where we had been skittled and Schneider was defending at centre.

Staggs is almost Tago level

Iamback

Coach

I don't think we win the comp without peak Tago. How to get that Tago back is the question. I think picking on some bum players in NSW Cup will help.

I agree Laurie would get murdered but he is playing great atm. I want to see him get a run in 6 as an option next year.

So for me

Edwards
Turuva - left wing
Cole
Alamoti
To'o - right wing
Laurie
Luai

Would be my backline

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Feeling pretty confident in this one.

Our credentials got questioned after the Warriors loss and we followed that up with our best performance of the season against the Sharks.

We've got an opportunity to keep Brisbane out of the top 8. It will be a sell out crowd. I think we see a big performance.

And to screw with them name Cleary as 18th man. Let's see some mind games Ivan.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Feeling pretty confident in this one.

Our credentials got questioned after the Warriors loss and we followed that up with our best performance of the season against the Sharks.

We've got an opportunity to keep Brisbane out of the top 8. It will be a sell out crowd. I think we see a big performance.

And to screw with them name Cleary as 18th man. Let's see some mind games Ivan.

Again it will be a tough game. Broncos will throw the kitchen sink at Penrith, just like Cows did.

So hopefully no punters carrying on about a 30 point win.

A win that's what I need.

Kenny's words at the end of the game, a good shows a level of disappointment in their performance.

A cake without icing.....(Ivan Cleary)

soc123_au

Staff member
Again it will be a tough game. Broncos will throw the kitchen sink at Penrith, just like Cows did.

So hopefully no punters carrying on about a 30 point win.

A win that's what I need.

Kenny's words at the end of the game, a good shows a level of disappointment in their performance.

A cake without icing.....(Ivan Cleary)
This always makes me laugh. You know whats said in here has zero affect on how the team performs?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This always makes me laugh. You know whats said in here has zero affect on how the team performs?

Yes. Just like the demented ramblings of punters calling for this or that player to be punted.

Funnily enough, I get well surprised (almost pleased) when other punters chose to read and then respond to my writing, with extra thoughts or criticism.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yes. Just like the demented ramblings of punters calling for this or that player to be punted.

Funnily enough, I get well surprised (almost pleased) when other punters chose to read and then respond to my writing, with extra thoughts or criticism.
It's all just a bit of fun. I just see posts like that and picture Ivan in the pre game rev up,

"Ok boys, I logged into LU and Chins reckon we romp this in, just kick back and let it happen"

Or

"Alice said this is a tough game, we need to stick to the game plan and trust the systems"

Latest posts