What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Broncos

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It's all just a bit of fun. I just see posts like that and picture Ivan in the pre game rev up,

"Ok boys, I logged into LU and Chins reckon we romp this in, just kick back and let it happen"

Or

"Alice said this is a tough game, we need to stick to the game plan and trust the systems"
Games aren't won on paper but with the sides named yesterday playing at home...that was a disgraceful loss

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
For me it is we seemed to not learn anything from the Dragons game. That was the disappointing thing for me

Like the Dragons game, the Penrith team was relatively young, and inexperienced compared to the Cowboys. It was ALWAYS going to be a tough ask. No matter what the betting agencies said.

Lessons Iamback can often take time to learn. That's a fact of life. Lessons are learnt one game at a time. Flanagan played 79 games, Townsend 192. Put that against what Laurie and BS have played.

That's a heck of a difference in experience.

Players with experience like Flanagan or Townsend do this for a team. Penrith have been thoroughly raided for a good number of years now. That tilts the balance badly, especially in the halves, where the creativity happens.

To me, it was hardly surprising.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Basically their reserve grade team they fielded was better than our reserve grade squad... Take nothing more out of it other than we play the long game and dont have the cattle we once did to get us through this period without much more than a hiccup.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Basically their reserve grade team they fielded was better than our reserve grade squad... Take nothing more out of it other than we play the long game and dont have the cattle we once did to get us through this period without much more than a hiccup.

Pretty much. Continual raids by leeching clubs have seen to that.

Iamback

Coach
Like the Dragons game, the Penrith team was relatively young, and inexperienced compared to the Cowboys. It was ALWAYS going to be a tough ask. No matter what the betting agencies said.

Lessons Iamback can often take time to learn. That's a fact of life. Lessons are learnt one game at a time. Flanagan played 79 games, Townsend 192. Put that against what Laurie and BS have played.

That's a heck of a difference in experience.

Players with experience like Flanagan or Townsend do this for a team. Penrith have been thoroughly raided for a good number of years now. That tilts the balance badly, especially in the halves, where the creativity happens.

To me, it was hardly surprising.

Correct those sides had experienced 7's. Cows in particular had a good chunk of their forwards missing, That was the area particularly in the wet we should of targetted.

Not throwing huge cutout passes to wingers.

1 was intercepted and Turuva had no room.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Correct those sides had experienced 7's. Cows in particular had a good chunk of their forwards missing, That was the area particularly in the wet we should of targetted.

Not throwing huge cutout passes to wingers.

1 was intercepted and Turuva had no room.
The ball basically shouldn't have left the middle 3rd of the field when we had the ball. We had such an advantage in the middle. Kenny having his worst game in years didn't help but Ivan mostly lost that game

Iamback

Coach
The ball basically shouldn't have left the middle 3rd of the field when we had the ball. We had such an advantage in the middle. Kenny having his worst game in years didn't help but Ivan mostly lost that game

That is it.

We were missing:

Edwards
To'o
Luai
Cleary

And Yeo started off the bench

bashing them up the middle and the wet was a no brainer.

Girds89

Bench
If the cows were without Townsend and Drinkwater it wouldve likely been an even contest.

Townsend is no way am elite halfback but he is super experienced and has played a lot and lot of footy. Hes a good solid 7 that can steer a team around. Drinkwater is all class.

For mine we have to ride it out this period.

Dyl
Tito
Tago
Alamonti
Too
Cole
Laurie
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Laurie
Henry
Smith
Soro

I dont think luaire and luai work tbh.

Brissie will come at us with everything. We simply must win this game.

Im still not sure of the best way to inject laurie but ivan needs to be brave and try a few things. Let him come on at 9 or move cole to 9 and put him at 6. Or put him at lock and give yeo a 15 min spell and just have him playing as a 2nd fb sniffing arpund the ruck for half breaks. I dont know atm the best way to get him involved but ivan simply must find a way to inject him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If the cows were without Townsend and Drinkwater it wouldve likely been an even contest.

Townsend is no way am elite halfback but he is super experienced and has played a lot and lot of footy. Hes a good solid 7 that can steer a team around. Drinkwater is all class.

For mine we have to ride it out this period.

Dyl
Tito
Tago
Alamonti
Too
Cole
Laurie
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Laurie
Henry
Smith
Soro

I dont think luaire and luai work tbh.

Brissie will come at us with everything. We simply must win this game.

Im still not sure of the best way to inject laurie but ivan needs to be brave and try a few things. Let him come on at 9 or move cole to 9 and put him at 6. Or put him at lock and give yeo a 15 min spell and just have him playing as a 2nd fb sniffing arpund the ruck for half breaks. I dont know atm the best way to get him involved but ivan simply must find a way to inject him.

Exactly. Laurie is showing some very good signs. Townsend and Drinkwater were the difference yesterday. They both had huge games too.

Latest posts