What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

mxlegend99

Referee
Be nice if Sommerton is so impressive he leaps ahead of Luke for the bench spot in 2024.

I'd say it's unlikely he could for this season. But maybe Sommerton even helps our attack a bit?

No way our defence improves over having Kenny. But its a minor chance Sommerton can come on and offer a bit more speed around the ruck and get a bit more time for playmakers.

Manly paying $7.50, I'm tempted but gee that team is ordinary. Wife is a manly supporter wants me to pay for the daughters party by betting on them. It will be close if Dylan, To'o are out.
6 guys out. 3 in doubt. Manly are exceptional value IMO. We have the better 17 still. But injuries could happen through the game and change that quickly.

Iamback

Coach
Be nice if Sommerton is so impressive he leaps ahead of Luke for the bench spot in 2024.

I'd say it's unlikely he could for this season. But maybe Sommerton even helps our attack a bit?

No way our defence improves over having Kenny. But its a minor chance Sommerton can come on and offer a bit more speed around the ruck and get a bit more time for playmakers.

6 guys out. 3 in doubt. Manly are exceptional value IMO. We have the better 17 still. But injuries could happen through the game and change that quickly.

Sommerton is inbetween the 2. Holds his own in defence decent speed. Yet to do a pre-season so has a higher ceiling then both.

Henry on standby for Huth
Jenkins for Edwards.

If others were in doubt. We'd have pulled them due to cutting the squad to 19.

soc123_au

Staff member
Sommerton is inbetween the 2. Holds his own in defence decent speed. Yet to do a pre-season so has a higher ceiling then both.

Henry on standby for Huth
Jenkins for Edwards.

If others were in doubt. We'd have pulled them due to cutting the squad to 19.
I'd be resting Edwards if he has any doubts. Not worth the risk of aggravating anything.

Iamback

Coach
I'd be resting Edwards if he has any doubts. Not worth the risk of aggravating anything.

Hard with Tago and Peachey out. It is why resting needs to be staggered.

Jenkins was in the captain's run shot. That too me is a sign of no Edwards

Luke Bowden

First Grade
LOL imagine the Luke Bowden meltdown if Soni Luke is usurped by a debutant after his “better hooker than Koroisau” prediction.
I’m not the one having a melt down about anyone.
Im more than happy for Sommo to go on and become the next Harry Grant.

I also won’t be carrying on if Soni comes out and has a ripper game.

Because I’m just saying what I hear around the traps and what I see in front of me.

WestyLife

First Grade
Don’t try and bring truth into this mate.

Just how I read it at the time. I didn't think it was unreasonable under the circumstances. If anyone can ruin the best 9 in the game tigers can and I have faith in ivan to bring out a players potential.

Iamback

Coach
Just how I read it at the time. I didn't think it was unreasonable under the circumstances. If anyone can ruin the best 9 in the game tigers can and I have faith in ivan to bring out a players potential.

The flip side though.

Api can do more there due to lack of talent, whereas here we only need early ball to our halves.

So it is something that is no chance of being measureable

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The flip side though.

Api can do more there due to lack of talent, whereas here we only need early ball to our halves.

Api played so within himself here. Just brilliant, can play so many different ways.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The flip side though.

It’s easily measurable.

who do want in our team. Api or Soni.

Thats as simple as it gets.