What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Souths

Original Name

Juniors
Nathan kicking game needs to be way more consistent than what it is.

The whole just bomb to them and they'll beat themselves is all well and good as a plan but you need to be able to adapt mid game and make changes on the run depending on game situation
That game plan was going to win us the game up until Salmon failed at his job to defend at centre.

WestyLife

First Grade
Did he touch the ball before it came into contact with ground that obviously would constitute a knock on.

If the ball was on the ground at the time he hand came into contact with the ball was there separation constituting a knock on.

You can use the ground to take possession of the ball, dummy halves do it all the time. Bad play the balls, stop the ball with their hand, pick it up off they go. Surely there still has to be separation and the promotion of the ball towards the opponents goal line.

It’s another one of these decisions where we slow it down to the milli second and find a reason to disallow a try. Fans at the game can no longer spontaneously celebrate the awarding of a try because our bunker is going to find a slow mo, angle to find a reason not to award it. The bunker was introduced to reduce the howlers, the obvious errors but it is far removed from

Is it a knock on over the try line, or a try?
Downward pressure, no knock on.

You can two on one strip over the try line. Rules are sometimes different in the in goal area. The comparisons are dumb.

Girds89

Bench
That game plan was going to win us the game up until Salmon failed at his job to defend at centre.

No it wasn't.

Our defence tenacity kept us in ot for the majority of the game...

They had huge periods with a lot of ball..

You watched Reynolds tonight. That's how you kick.

Variations.. early... long high... short. He's a genius.

He's kicking was rubbish. No two ways about it..

The fact you think his kicking game or that plan in general almost won us the game is ridiculous haha.

We almost won because our defence is bloody brilliant.. we held the best attacking team in the comp to 20 points on a night that latrell and Cody had their best games of the season and they got everything 100% right and the bounce of the ball went their way all night.

If Nathan kicking wasn't so shit.... along with other reasons such as our attack not clicking we win by two or 3 tries.

Don't think cause it was close Naths bomb planned worked haha.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
No it wasn't.

The fact you think his kicking game or that plan in general almost won us the game is ridiculous haha.

We almost won because our defence is bloody brilliant.. we held the best attacking team in the comp to 20 points on a night that latrell and Cody had their best games of the season and they got everything 100% right and the bounce of the ball went their way all night.

If Nathan kicking wasn't so shit.... along with other reasons such as our attack not clicking we win by two or 3 tries.

You on the cans again mate?

The Realist

Juniors
No it wasn't.

Nathans kicking is regressing at a frightening rate. 2020/21 was his peak. 2022 he was noticably less threatening and less consistent. He has dropped in that aspect again. Other than him hitting a few freak field goals, there are several players I would prefer over him in terms of general play kicking.

Iamback

Coach
Nathans kicking is regressing at a frightening rate. 2020/21 was his peak. 2022 he was noticably less threatening and less consistent. He has dropped in that aspect again. Other than him hitting a few freak field goals, there are several players I would prefer over him in terms of general play kicking.

Injury last year gave him an excuse, New side is so far but people ignore it. He is another that needs to lift

Iamback

Coach
Moving Tago in my opinion does not solve the problem, it merely creates another problem elsewhere.

I didn’t see the NSW Cup last night, didn’t go the game, but I watched the previous four weeks and they have been disappointing. We were beaten by a side down towards the bottom. On paper, given our hopes for some of the supposed young guns it should have been a no brainer.

If Turuva is out, I hope he isn’t, but if he is it has to be a like for like and Tom Jenkins should take his place. Very different player to Turuva, To’o and or May . I’m not totally convinced by Tom Jenkins but i guess given his try scoring record he at the very least is the next man up. He is very proficient at finishing at the very least, but isn’t going to deliver big running metres or pcm bringing the ball back from deep.

We didn't land a conversion that is why we lost, We actually played pretty good

Iamback

Coach
You've written a lot here but I'll just tackle Nathan's kicks. The whole gameplan to beat Souths to just bomb high and straight to them, they then beat themselves. Yeo explained it in the pre game interview.

And when that fails? Not the 1st time this season we lacked a plan B