What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Souths

Yeah I knew about Martin, and Sorenson. Hopefully if, Kenny, or Luke, don't play Summerton makes his debut? Thanks.
It looked to me like Sorro was cramping. Just from the vision on the tele, but he pulled up after chasing down the 20m drop-out. The trainer rushes to him, he does some stretches and then the trainer waves his hand (in a no need to interchange kind of way) towards the bench.

Kilkenny

Coach
Love to see Blacker get a run this week. He has the potential to be a real beast for us.
I just don’t see it with Eddie. Honestly, I had hopes for him, big impressive physique but just doesn’t do enough for me. Came of the bench on Saturday and did OK but just not capable of enough minutes. Scored a try from close range. Maybe he could be a player who performs better, limited minutes, at the top level, but again I want to see it but he just hasn’t done enough for me.

I just don’t see it with Eddie. Honestly, I had hopes for him, big impressive physique but just doesn’t do enough for me. Came of the bench on Saturday and did OK but just not capable of enough minutes. Scored a try from close range. Maybe he could be a player who performs better, limited minutes, at the top level, but again I want to see it but he just hasn’t done enough for me.
Sounds like he could potentially take Leniu’s spot on the bench in 2024?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think he’s a guy that would thrive in 1st grade.
I feel like plays to the level of opposition.

Only a few games would really answer the question though.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think he’s a guy that would thrive in 1st grade.
I feel like plays to the level of opposition.

Only a few games would really answer the question though.
He hasn’t quite done the business in NSW Cup but I guess the coaching staff are in the best position to judge.

Personally, I don’t see it happening but happy for him if he gets a crack.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He hasn’t quite done the business in NSW Cup but I guess the coaching staff are in the best position to judge.

Personally, I don’t see it happening but happy for him if he gets a crack.
I don't get to watch every cup game but apart from that chase against the Cowboys when we rested everyone I don't remember noticing him doing anything special.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't get to watch every cup game but apart from that chase against the Cowboys when we rested everyone I don't remember noticing him doing anything special.
I’ve watched in person our most recent games, particularly hoping to something from the kids who are talked up and we haven’t actually been very good at all. I know the kids are young eligible for Flegg etc but I hope we have an injury free season because the depth is an issue. Jack Cogger aint no Shaun O Sullivan and the outside backs just aren’t NRL standard at this stage of their develop. Cole is some way off NRL on a weekly basis And no adequate replacement for Stephen Crichton even if he is not quite at his best.

I don’t even want to think about how we replace Spencer Lenui because there is no obvious replacement on the horizon.

Kilkenny

Coach
Our record against the Bunnies is amazing have to lose sometime I guess. Hope it is not this Thursday night but it is going to be very tough.

Black Panther

Juniors
I’ve watched in person our most recent games, particularly hoping to something from the kids who are talked up and we haven’t actually been very good at all. I know the kids are young eligible for Flegg etc but I hope we have an injury free season because the depth is an issue. Jack Cogger aint no Shaun O Sullivan and the outside backs just aren’t NRL standard at this stage of their develop. Cole is some way off NRL on a weekly basis And no adequate replacement for Stephen Crichton even if he is not quite at his best.

I don’t even want to think about how we replace Spencer Lenui because there is no obvious replacement on the horizon.
Ativalu Lisati.

Crashtest

Juniors

What's your opinion on Jenkins? Has the size for first grade, and is usually on the highlights scoring tries for NSW Cup games.

Kilkenny

Coach
What's your opinion on Jenkins? Has the size for first grade, and is usually on the highlights scoring tries for NSW Cup games.
Has a great try scoring record but it has been in a side that has dominated. I don’t see him delivering what To’o, Turuva or May can deliver doing the hard yards. I’m not convinced he is quite up to NRL level.

Crashtest

Juniors
Has a great try scoring record but it has been in a side that has dominated. I don’t see him delivering what To’o, Turuva or May can deliver doing the hard yards. I’m not convinced he is quite up to NRL level.
Thanks. I don't have time to watch much of NSW Cup, so usually just watch the highlights. So it's good to get an opinion from someone that does.

Flashstep

Juniors
I think our backline is sorted for the considerable future especially if we re-sign Edwards. But yea Spencer Leinu is going to be a massive loss sadly.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Let’s hope there are not many out.we can beat them .In fact this year we may have dropped a peg but apart from the broncos not one side has risen a peg
The bunnies have had close to the same side for several years .we know what’s coming and can win

chrisD

Coach
Lenui won’t be that big a loss, we barely used him, and we’ve not taught him he’s a run straight and hard onto the ball and just wreck the line player. Does that little stutter and lateral shit. He had a great game but by now that should be his every game. Ivan won’t even trust him to start. I’d like to be able to say just trust Ivan but what Hopgood has done says nah, he’s been too cautious.

He has hurt his cause with errors too.

Moses is beasting the f**k out too, turning into a real line wrecker and something to fear in defence, lessens the loss.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Looking a the replay of the knights apart from Martin .The only injuries where Leota at the 19 minute mark his shoulder he played on after that.Sorrenson ankle 8 minute mark he played on .
Both Kenny and Luke finished the game so should be okay..I can only see Leota sorrenson Martin as being out if they are out

Latest posts