What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

forby

Juniors
How is it that the opposition in the last 2 weeks only give away 1 ruck infringement?
Penrith is being refereed to a different level to the rest of the competition.
Souths gave away 4 ruck infringements last night but none against Penrith.

Iamback

Coach
We went into this game with a middle rotation of Leota, Huth, Smith and Kenny.

The defensive contact in the middle all game was pathetic. The Tiger were going seventy every set.

Now 4/8 with only two games over twenty points.

The attack and discipline is a huge problem.and it'll be a struggle to make the eight.

Yep. Maybe my prediction of 6th was too high.

We are a very ordinary team

unKwn

Juniors
Last set of the game, 5 hit ups bomb. Definitely wont be beating the warriors next week

kinghippo

Juniors
Looked like only Edwards was playing for most of that match.
Kenny and Peachy are not up to standard, Kenny at prop for most of the game killed us.
Terrible team selection, but the actual best team win tonight.

We got dominated in the forwards and out scored, our backline play’s were atrocious and we generally looked like the bottom of the ladder strugglers.

The Realist

Juniors
Take out 3 international forwards and this can happen.

Wests Tigers played well and deserved the win.

Excuses excuses. I remember you ridiculing me before the Parra game where you declared that their season was basically done. They hadn't won a game at that stage either. Well, who'd you take on form now smart arse?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Sure we were missing some quality players but no excuses we should learn to play wet weather footy, but they don't learn! The Tigers dominated us physically and we had terrible hands. As embarrassing as it is to be the first team to lose to them in 9 months, we were honestly lucky to lose only by 4...

Forget any talk of a three peat, the class of 2021-22 has well and truly been diminished and those expectations are unhelpful. As much as we really need some troops back like JFH, Marto etc.. certain players need to fix their attitude and attention to detail or we will struggle to even make the 8.

Iamback

Coach
Excuses excuses. I remember you ridiculing me before the Parra game where you declared that their season was basically done. They hadn't won a game at that stage either. Well, who'd you take on form now smart arse?

There is a few on here that can't hack the truth.

I have been copping it all year from the same people yet here we sit equal 11th

Peach needs to go back to NSW - obviously the side will be better with Fish Martin Tago Leniu but you can’t excuse injuries every side has them. Players need to have a hard look at themselves - those errors and missed tackles were reserve grade standard. Intensity was non existent, enthusiasm wasn’t there - Clearys kicking game was average. Luai has no direction in attack and looks lost. NSW Cup isn’t doing much better so no one is knocking door down to come in. But it might be time to look at Jenkins Cole McLean at that center spot. Time for Blacker or Geyer in that Salmon spot. Kenny isn’t working at dummy half either, he is bench player at best.

At full strength 2024
1 Edwards
2 May
3 Tago
4 Turuva
5 To'o
6 Luai (just)
7 Cleary
8 Fisher-Harris
10 Martin
12 Hosking
13 Yeo

14 Kenny
15 Leota
16 Sorrenson
17 L Smith

*New blood prefer experience

Murraymob1

Juniors
If the tigers can roll through us hate to see what the warriors forwards can do.Feel sorry for cleary he tried hard all game but we had zero go forward or any running threat from dummy half

Munky

Coach
That has been the attack all year

Since the WCC the team has had nothing near the line.

The middle can't be used due to Kenny's inability to play hooker. Every team knows this and just picks off the receiver.

The ball gets wide and nothing can happen.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Unlike yourself Realist I choose not to go down player assassination route when Penrith lose.

Wests Tigers played well,

Suniva and Cleary both dropped the ball over the line tonight.

Unlike you I don't set myself up as an arm chair coach and expert.