What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

Chins get the wins

First Grade
How so?

If we want to be considered such a great club, we need to win when the odds are against us.

Stop bloody panicking, we will finish in the top four and we will be in the mix at the end of the year.

There was no way we were going to continue winning every game a cruising into the finals. That’s not sustainable.

You need to stop analysing every game and look at the big picture. It’s a Marathon not a sprint, we are just going through a slow patch.
Not having a first grade hooker at the club is the big picture

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No he's a 27! year old rookie for a reason. Far too fragile unfortunately.
So you don’t think Soni Luke is good enough to play First Grade?

The reason he’s a 27 year old rookie is that he got injured as a junior and the club didn’t re-sign him. Since then he’s tried to be a part time player and hasn’t had the support a full time player gets. Trying to rehab / play and work a full time job is much harder.

Now he’s in our top 30 and is a full time player he’ll be fine. His minutes will increase and he’ll only get better.

WestyLife

First Grade
Depth is the issue full stop, Then taking the best 3-5 guys out on top of that

Yes top 17 stays healthy I'd still back us to be respectable this season but that's pretty rare and there's a reason injuries often decide club's seasons.

Iamback

Coach
Yes top 17 stays healthy I'd still back us to be respectable this season but that's pretty rare and there's a reason injuries often decide club's seasons.

Origin last year

We called in guys like Hopgood, Jennings etc who are now in FG elsewhere. From a NSW Cup side that was running 1st in 2021 before the season was scrapped into a strong year.

No such luxury. It will take a year or 2 to build the depth up again. Thankifully Martin's injury and Hynes form should see us only lose 3 guys

age.s

First Grade
I think Luke physicality (or lack thereof) could be managed if he was alongside Fish, Leota, Leniu and Sorensen and supported by Martin/Hosking. When he's alongside guys like L Smith, Huth, Kenny for long periods and Peachey/Turuva are taking the early hit ups you have a recipe for a middle third getting rolled over and a Hooker relegated to just shovelling it out when we have the ball.

Credit to him though, the only failure of his body this year was a HIA.

We aren't the same team. We are 1/3 through the season and need to evolve
True - but the entire comp isn’t the same either hence how close it is. Panthers can beat any side in this comp on their day but they like I said, the side just needs to simply their game plan and eventually those 50/50 moments will shine on the Panthers side of luck - those bombed tries in similar situations moving forward will be tries - those missed tackles moving forwards will stick and be dominant tackles - those fumbles and errors moving forward won’t be there to such a degree.

The playing roster is what it is - Panthers have who they have. But to be dejected and borderline put a line threw them with the proven quality of players in this side is crazy. Deep down do fans really think this group won’t do everything in their power to make sure Critta and Spenc leave on a high? Cmon now you know they will.

I keep telling my few mates that this Penrith side will make a late run this season - I stand by that, watch this space and watch them clinch 4th spot.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Soni Luke isn’t a first grade hooker?

I had to read that comment 3 times Luke before I actually realised what was written.

Some of the carry on after a loss, is almost amusing if it wasn't so sad.

Yep I'll admit that I'm a positive kind of person, Kilkenny at the weekend said it well. The slamming of the coach and players characters was pretty pathetic.

I'll agree some players didn't have a good game, but the over the top carry on.

There needs to be some balance here, but sadly that is lacking.

There is good reason why I don't post too much on this forum these days. It appears to have been overtaken by a bunch of 'sadsacks'.

Iamback

Coach
True - but the entire comp isn’t the same either hence how close it is. Panthers can beat any side in this comp on their day but they like I said, the side just needs to simply their game plan and eventually those 50/50 moments will shine on the Panthers side of luck - those bombed tries in similar situations moving forward will be tries - those missed tackles moving forwards will stick and be dominant tackles - those fumbles and errors moving forward won’t be there to such a degree.

The playing roster is what it is - Panthers have who they have. But to be dejected and borderline put a line threw them with the proven quality of players in this side is crazy. Deep down do fans really think this group won’t do everything in their power to make sure Critta and Spenc leave on a high? Cmon now you know they will.

I keep telling my few mates that this Penrith side will make a late run this season - I stand by that, watch this space and watch them clinch 4th spot.

I have always tipped us for 6th, History says you can't win the comp from there.

Quality of the players are the very thing that makes this year what it is, Next year we will be much better.

Having so many in the World Cup mean't a very short pre-season. We are just about to lose our star players for a few months.

Meanwhile sides in front of us like Sharks, Souffs, Manly won't have many Origin guys.

Even Parra won't have many guys. Looking at the draw will likely go 4 from their next 5. Still have all 3 byes as well.

We had to start very well and bank points to cover. Hopefully we get some depth mid year signings and can not fall too far back or this next 3rd part of the season

Latest posts