What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

Kilkenny

Coach
We led the Bunnies 18-10 with minutes left in the clock. Conceded an unfortunate try from a kick, it happens, and then a try late in the tackle count which really should have been shut down and it would have been game over. Hugely disappointing way to lose after doing so well really to get ourselves in a winning position.

Hopefully, we can bounce back in a positive manner in Bathurst against the Tigers.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah.. so we don’t need him playing like he did against south’s.

You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I trust the medical professionals, He played shit of course but who is to say it was the injury? Certainly in defence he looked fit. He might of just had an ordinary game

After today we will be equal on points with 9th.
The next 2 weeks we play 2 sides in that log jam

We have a rookie winger.
No Fish or Martin
Trying to get combinations on the edges

So again if medically he is fine then he needs to play

Kilkenny

Coach
Why are we punishing ourselves with all this criticism around our form overall, individual performances, I just don’t get it. It would great to be undefeated, but while there is a reason we have lost three close games I don’t quite understand the overall deafestist attitude.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why are we punishing ourselves with all this criticism around our form overall, individual performances, I just don’t get it. It would great to be undefeated, but while there is a reason we have lost three close games I don’t quite understand the overall deafestist attitude.
Because the club created these issues.
No doubt in my mind we are 7/7 with Api

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

Because it is a close comp and our attack has been terrible.

You have watched our NSW Cup side. When we lose the Origin guys we will be very ordinary

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I trust the medical professionals, He played shit of course but who is to say it was the injury? Certainly in defence he looked fit. He might of just had an ordinary game

After today we will be equal on points with 9th.
The next 2 weeks we play 2 sides in that log jam

We have a rookie winger.
No Fish or Martin
Trying to get combinations on the edges

So again if medically he is fine then he needs to play
His Kicking game was completely ineffective, he couldn’t goal kick, he had no lateral movement which meant his running game was poor and he looked generally slow.

I Can’t for the life of me understand how you couldn’t see that. He wasn’t just off… he was obviously physically hampered by a groin injury.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Many have lauded our management post Gus Gould and the minute we experience a little adversity we want to hold the club or management accountable. I don’t get it.
Releasing the best hooker in the game, Burton who's a f**king freak, Spencer, Critter.
We won't know if these calls were correct for a few years but they already look awful imo

GongPanther

Referee
Why are we punishing ourselves with all this criticism around our form overall, individual performances, I just don’t get it. It would great to be undefeated, but while there is a reason we have lost three close games I don’t quite understand the overall defeatist attitude.
Agreed. Plenty of time to look forward to the injured players getting back, and the team as a whole to claw their way back up the ladder. Following a team has it's ups and downs, and in time we'll be upping it again.

Iamback

Coach
His Kicking game was completely ineffective, he couldn’t goal kick, he had no lateral movement which meant his running game was poor and he looked generally slow.

I Can’t for the life of me understand how you couldn’t see that. He wasn’t just off… he was obviously physically hampered by a groin injury.

Yet the medical team who knows more than us thought he was fine, 9 days between games too

Kilkenny

Coach
Releasing the best hooker in the game, Burton who's a f**king freak, Spencer, Critter.
We won't know if these calls were correct for a few years but they already look awful imo
We didn’t release any of the players you mentioned.

As the story goes the salary cap prevented us from offering them deals to retain them there is a difference.

Kilkenny

Coach

What’s the answer Luke? A 80% fit Nathan Cleary is better than our NSW Cup options, they have been pretty underwhelming. We don’t have a decent half option in Sean O’Sullivan to fall back on. Even if he is playing with a niggle we have no alternative but to soldier on.