What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the Warriors drums

Crippler

Juniors
coming through the TV it sounded awesome

Was it just the anniversery one off? because it adds alot of atmosphere and probebly helps the players alot as well.

I think they used them right up to when the new owner came and they changed their name to New Zealand Warriors.

or were they banned by the NRL?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Crippler said:
coming through the TV it sounded awesome

Was it just the anniversery one off? because it adds alot of atmosphere and probebly helps the players alot as well.

I think they used them right up to when the new owner came and they changed their name to New Zealand Warriors.

or were they banned by the NRL?
Nah they ditched them way before the club changed owners, it was probably around the Superleague period. I thin there was some sort of controversy with opposition teams moaning about it being an unfair advantage. I thought they were great personally.

JTR

Juniors
I thought they were great back in the day, but they eventually got irritating. Especially live...

tajhay

Juniors
they were banned because opposition teams whinged that they could not hear their own teammates calls.

BTW there is a strong rumour going around that the wellington consortium is ready to buy the NZ Warriors and relocate them to wellington, whilst keeping the name. Apparently something to do with Sky and Foxtel as well....

-Dr.J-

Juniors
They used to get annoying though, especially when we're losing :p And the drummers are still going nuts like ADD kids on herbals.

Iafeta

Referee
The drummers are great on TV. I loved them at the game, but gee, I wouldn't want to be a season ticket holder and have that banged into you 12-13 games a year.

mahanga

Juniors
I dont give a damn.Win or lose,the drums are part of the Warriors,like the haka to the ABs.

They both put fear into the opposition......And thats what I like.

SunkenEyes

Juniors
It was definately good to hear the drums last weekend, but i must agree that they are annoying if u have to hear them all the time. They tend to remind me of how the warriors management of 95-96 wasted so much money on pre match entertainment and making ground breaking signings such as andy platt and mark carter. (Im guessing the drums didnt cost much, but they just remind me of that era and the other areas where money was channelled.)

tajhay said:
BTW there is a strong rumour going around that the wellington consortium is ready to buy the NZ Warriors and relocate them to wellington, whilst keeping the name. Apparently something to do with Sky and Foxtel as well....

Won't happen in this life time I'm afraid....

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
tajhay said:
That would be a monumentally stupid move. If the Welli consortium were to buy the team they'd do way better out of keeping the team based in Auckland but moving 1/3-1/2 of the home games to Wellington. The crowds at both venues would be larger due to the less frequent games and the cost of travel to the Wellington games would be more than offset by the fact that the club already hasd a base (and most of it's juniors) in Auckland.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:
Fine, we'll just get our own team and kick the Warriors' arses.

What a loyal fan you are. Don't you mean you'll OWN us? Because after all, it's such a hip word to use.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
-Dr.J- said:
What a loyal fan you are. Don't you mean you'll OWN us? Because after all, it's such a hip word to use.

That's f**king right, Mr J. Wellington will OWN the AUCKLAND Warriors when they enter. Watch every NZer south of the bombays shift their attention to the Southern Orcas. The rest of New Zealand have suffered long enough being ignored by the Warriors.

My support of the Warriors up until now has been pure patriotism, but when another NZ team comes along, it will be all out tribal allegiance.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:
That's f**king right, Mr J. Wellington will OWN the AUCKLAND Warriors when they enter. Watch every NZer south of the bombays shift their attention to the Southern Orcas. The rest of New Zealand have suffered long enough being ignored by the Warriors.

My support of the Warriors up until now has been pure patriotism, but when another NZ team comes along, it will be all out tribal allegiance.

There's not been any suffering. The reason the Warriors are based around Auckland is cos that's the league mecca of NZ. Plain and simple. Also this was an Auckland based club in the beginning.