What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors v Melbourne - gameday

Big Marn

Bench
not sure how Webster eradicates this self inflicted bullshit that seems to be prevalent again. Wet weather record continues to be dire. Harris looks cooked. Too early to tell if TMM and SJ can gel. RTS to the right side with Berry out? or Pompey? RTS would give us 2 good leapers for the corner kick on that side.

not sure how Webster eradicates this self inflicted bullshit that seems to be prevalent again. Wet weather record continues to be dire. Harris looks cooked. Too early to tell if TMM and SJ can gel. RTS to the right side with Berry out? or Pompey? RTS would give us 2 good leapers for the corner kick on that side.
Pompey also came off at end of game.
Looked knee issues.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Listened to a podcast early in the week, think it might have been the Levels one. They are big fans of Wade Egan, but made a point of saying that in the dry he is elite, but in the wet he isn’t effective. Thought it was an interesting point which tonight seemed to back up

Listened to a podcast early in the week, think it might have been the Levels one. They are big fans of Wade Egan, but made a point of saying that in the dry he is elite, but in the wet he isn’t effective. Thought it was an interesting point which tonight seemed to back up
Who would be our wet weather tires hooker?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
More learning we'll have to do about how we fix the issues we saw last night. Still can be a top 8 side, but need to figure out pretty quickly how SJ doesn't throw this side off now he's back, how we break out of this habit of being poor in the wet etc.

Big Marn

Bench

Webby arced up a little bit when they mentioned the 16 game losing streak. He had a fair point too.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I do get a bit sick of seeing the 'ref was their 14th man stuff' on social media. Yes, there was some shit...the worst one for me was Harry Grant being blatantly offside, I think twice, in the 2nd half after Montoya had been binned, but wasn't binned himself. Blatant double standards. Having said that, DWZ could've been sent off. That was awful.

We were absolutely second best. Yes our attack stuttered at times, but we seemed to concede tries every time in the 1st half that the Storm had any field position. That's happened too often this year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
While he is right, there are individuals that have been there for nearly all of them.
It is a very large mental hurdle to get past.
Yeah and it's not necessarily saying it's a 'hoodoo' but a style of play where we clearly haven't cracked how to beat Craig Bellamy teams. Ivan has done it for fun during his coaching career with us and the Panthers, but we haven't been able to do it much since.

JJ

Immortal
Certainly elite in good conditions - tough for any hooker in the wet, and certainly it's not well suited to him atm - but he's been improving, so maybe he'll work it out

Blair

Coach
38-24, Storm. Final.

It wasn't the Warriors homecoming I wanted. There were too many worrying old Warriors signs for my, and any veteran fan's, liking.

Rich102

Staff member
A real concern for me.
I thought the game would be a fair test of how we are going this year.
Again, off to a great start, partly due to luck, and then cue in the rack, Stand and watch.
I feel this team is below last years team- Possibly momentum. Just not as determined.
I will be surprised if we make the 8.
Oh for the energy of a Tuapeki.