What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we going to talk about this off season!!!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Nice haul.

Do you use plastics?
frehly caught squid
icon14.gif
had large strips out for knings but they werent about and had small strips on a 6lb line with no sinkers in the burly trail
icon14.gif

Fein

First Grade
frehly caught squid
icon14.gif
had large strips out for knings but they werent about and had small strips on a 6lb line with no sinkers in the burly trail
icon14.gif

I swear by the plastics by I'm not shooting for bream or Tailor.

Mainly Snapper on 50lb line with a good length of leader and 8.0 jig heads in 50m-60m.

Gulp 7" - the red and green variety of course!! :lol:

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I swear by the plastics by I'm not shooting for bream or Tailor.

Mainly Snapper on 50lb line with a good length of leader and 8.0 jig heads in 50m-60m.

Gulp 7" - the red and green variety of course!! :lol:
Mate Sydney Snapper is scarce, I wish we had some, I have been out to the Tank reef were snapper supposed to be on and always get plenty of reef fish but no snapper, I do have Plastics and will have to get used to them.
yes I do have the Gulp veriaty, pink n white, red n green, full green and browns.
tell me Fien, How do you jig them in 50 to 90 meters without a 1.5lb sinker, the current is very strong

Fein

First Grade
Mate Sydney Snapper is scarce, I wish we had some, I have been out to the Tank reef were snapper supposed to be on and always get plenty of reef fish but no snapper, I do have Plastics and will have to get used to them.
yes I do have the Gulp veriaty, pink n white, red n green, full green and browns.
tell me Fien, How do you jig them in 50 to 90 meters without a 1.5lb sinker, the current is very strong

Those jig heads are fairly heavy and always get to the bottom, regardless of the currents (here), although the anchor hold can be a major pain in the arse.

Bear in mind also, I mainly fish the Sunshine Coast with reef depths between 20m to 60m.

The snapper here seem to wear watches.

In winter, you can be assured of a good run between 3.30pm and 5pm.

Much scarcer now as the water is already 23 degrees.

It's pelagic time now and I'm not a fan of them eating wise, whereas my Uruguayan mate can't get enough of them. :lol:

Tuna, Mackeral, Cobia, Tigers.....

I love my snapper, lipper, pearlies and Red Emporer too much to worry about the others.

I'd swap a squirey for a cobia.

Anyway, I gave you a serve early in the piece here but I apologise, you're obviously a good keen angler.

As you know, we can bullsh*t with the best of them. :lol:

Good luck mate. ;-)

(Ps. Sorry Hornbies :lol:)

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Those jig heads are fairly heavy and always get to the bottom, regardless of the currents (here), although the anchor hold can be a major pain in the arse.

Bear in mind also, I mainly fish the Sunshine Coast with reef depths between 20m to 60m.

The snapper here seem to wear watches.

In winter, you can be assured of a good run between 3.30pm and 5pm.

Much scarcer now as the water is already 23 degrees.

It's pelagic time now and I'm not a fan of them eating wise, whereas my Uruguayan mate can't get enough of them. :lol:

Tuna, Mackeral, Cobia, Tigers.....

I love my snapper, lipper, pearlies and Red Emporer too much to worry about the others.

I'd swap a squirey for a cobia.

Anyway, I gave you a serve early in the piece here but I apologise, you're obviously a good keen angler.

As you know, we can bullsh*t with the best of them. :lol:

Good luck mate. ;-)

(Ps. Sorry Hornbies :lol:)
opologies accepted, when i read your a fisho I thought mmmm you must be allright, you have to be to be a fisho;-)

Fein

First Grade
haha, there are plenty for everyone, its a matter of catching them:lol:check this site out, its for all fishos to join in.
hope to see you on there.
ps, they dont tolerate bad language, just thought i would let you know as they ban those members instantly
http://www.fishraider.com.au/

:lol:

I've got a mate who frequents a fishing forum - not sure what it is but they have similar rules.

That seabreeze site is the best for conditions though - we use that all the time.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
:lol:

I've got a mate who frequents a fishing forum - not sure what it is but they have similar rules.

That seabreeze site is the best for conditions though - we use that all the time.
yes sea breeze .com is were I get all my weather conditions ahead of time.
with fishraiders I get and share alot of valueble fishing info
icon14.gif

Latest posts