What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs: Friday 28th April 8pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
It's the start of a new, fresh week which means the start of a new, fresh prep for another Round of Footy. Round 8 might not officially be over until Tuesday night, but we move on and start prepping for Round 9. A very exciting Round coming up too as the boys will make the trip up to Brisbane on Friday night for a blockbuster against the Broncos. Man, it's only Monday and I already can't wait for this one!! Pumped!! Going to be huge!

We've built up a bit of a rivalry with the Broncos in recent years. Ever since the whole Bennett-Seibold thing, there's certainly been a bit of feeling between the two clubs. And while both those coaches are no longer at either club, the feeling of dislike still remains, I'm sure. At least, it does for me. That feeling is probably fueled now by Reynolds' departure to them. Would love to get one over him!

It's going to be a really tough battle on Friday night. Brisbane have emerged as one of the premier clubs to beat this Season. They're top of the ladder, one of the best attacking teams and have proven very tough to get past, having only lost one game this year. That doesn't happen for no reason. They're a great Footy side. Young, but really balanced with a strong forward pack, one of the better ones in the game, a great crafty halves combo, and some quick, explosive outside backs. There's literally threats all over the park for them. The most notable one is Reece Walsh who has been a revelation. He's in amazing form and is tearing teams apart. We'll have to shut him down. Then there's your usual suspects that pose huge danger like Staggs, Cobbo, Farnworth and Carrigan. The Broncos play really fast, explosive, attacking Footy. It's pretty energetic and flamboyant. We're yet to play a side that plays the kind of style they do so it's going to test our defence. They're going to be missing Haas and Mam which are massive losses for them and do tip the scales in our favor but make no mistake, this is not going to be an easy game to win, and it will need to be one of our best performances of the year if we are to get the result.

However, we go into this one and I feel pretty confident that we are more than capable of getting that result. As I've said, certainly not going to be easy but if we play to our strengths, get our game right and play 'Rabbitohs Football' as JD would say, we can do it. Probably the biggest thing this week, and I mentioned it briefly before, is defence. JD has already said in an interview over the weekend that we'll be going into this game with a defensive mindset, and I think that is the best way to approach it for sure. As I've said, they're one of, if not, the best attacking sides in 2023. In fact, they've been on fire. So, this is going to be a big test of our D. It's been great so far this year, one of our strongest points but that must continue, this week of all weeks. Stand tall, focus and turn up for each other as we have been. That's the key to winning this one, whoever can defend better will get the two points so that's the main focus. If we can do that, I think the rest will build. We've seen our attack finally spark in the last three weeks, hopefully that continues. If there's one area the Broncos need to work on, it probably id their defence so hopefully we can exploit some stuff there. A high completion rate like last week is a must once again. Another area we need to get right is the energy levels. We saw against the Storm that we struggled to back up a big, emotional game. So, I want to see us get that right this time or the Broncos will jump us. No excuse not to get it right. Junior is going to be back which is huge for us, possibly Izaac too so we'll go in with a very good side. Hopefully we'll prove to be the better side.

I just want to prove in this game that last week was no fluke. It didn't happen by chance, and we really are coming for this competition. We have a great chance to prove that this week so go and get it done lads! We can do it!! Feels like game day should be tomorrow, I'm that excited for this one!!

Glory, Glory.

handyman2190

Bench
It's the start of a new, fresh week which means the start of a new, fresh prep for another Round of Footy. Round 8 might not officially be over until Tuesday night, but we move on and start prepping for Round 9. A very exciting Round coming up too as the boys will make the trip up to Brisbane on Friday night for a blockbuster against the Broncos. Man, it's only Monday and I already can't wait for this one!! Pumped!! Going to be huge!

We've built up a bit of a rivalry with the Broncos in recent years. Ever since the whole Bennett-Seibold thing, there's certainly been a bit of feeling between the two clubs. And while both those coaches are no longer at either club, the feeling of dislike still remains, I'm sure. At least, it does for me. That feeling is probably fueled now by Reynolds' departure to them. Would love to get one over him!

It's going to be a really tough battle on Friday night. Brisbane have emerged as one of the premier clubs to beat this Season. They're top of the ladder, one of the best attacking teams and have proven very tough to get past, having only lost one game this year. That doesn't happen for no reason. They're a great Footy side. Young, but really balanced with a strong forward pack, one of the better ones in the game, a great crafty halves combo, and some quick, explosive outside backs. There's literally threats all over the park for them. The most notable one is Reece Walsh who has been a revelation. He's in amazing form and is tearing teams apart. We'll have to shut him down. Then there's your usual suspects that pose huge danger like Staggs, Cobbo, Farnworth and Carrigan. The Broncos play really fast, explosive, attacking Footy. It's pretty energetic and flamboyant. We're yet to play a side that plays the kind of style they do so it's going to test our defence. They're going to be missing Haas and Mam which are massive losses for them and do tip the scales in our favor but make no mistake, this is not going to be an easy game to win, and it will need to be one of our best performances of the year if we are to get the result.

However, we go into this one and I feel pretty confident that we are more than capable of getting that result. As I've said, certainly not going to be easy but if we play to our strengths, get our game right and play 'Rabbitohs Football' as JD would say, we can do it. Probably the biggest thing this week, and I mentioned it briefly before, is defence. JD has already said in an interview over the weekend that we'll be going into this game with a defensive mindset, and I think that is the best way to approach it for sure. As I've said, they're one of, if not, the best attacking sides in 2023. In fact, they've been on fire. So, this is going to be a big test of our D. It's been great so far this year, one of our strongest points but that must continue, this week of all weeks. Stand tall, focus and turn up for each other as we have been. That's the key to winning this one, whoever can defend better will get the two points so that's the main focus. If we can do that, I think the rest will build. We've seen our attack finally spark in the last three weeks, hopefully that continues. If there's one area the Broncos need to work on, it probably id their defence so hopefully we can exploit some stuff there. A high completion rate like last week is a must once again. Another area we need to get right is the energy levels. We saw against the Storm that we struggled to back up a big, emotional game. So, I want to see us get that right this time or the Broncos will jump us. No excuse not to get it right. Junior is going to be back which is huge for us, possibly Izaac too so we'll go in with a very good side. Hopefully we'll prove to be the better side.

I just want to prove in this game that last week was no fluke. It didn't happen by chance, and we really are coming for this competition. We have a great chance to prove that this week so go and get it done lads! We can do it!! Feels like game day should be tomorrow, I'm that excited for this one!!

Glory, Glory.
Id give junior more time,i was actually impressed with taan last week he difused many bombs id leave him in

lynx000

Juniors
Really looking forward to this game. I hope it is a blockbuster that is decided by the two teams and not the ref.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 9 against the Broncos,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Thompson
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Sele
11. Arrow
12. Host
13. Murray (C)

14. Chee Kam
15. Suluka-Fifita
16. Moale
17. Burgess

This is what I think will be named tomorrow. With Izaac back, surely he'll slot straight back in. While you could make a case for Taane to keep his spot, I think JD will go with Izaac. Junior comes straight back into the starting side for a big boost to the pack and with Keaon out, Jai will have to play second row on the right edge.

On the bench, it'll be pretty self-explanatory but I think Chee Kam keeps a spot over Cartwright. Jed hasn't shown much for mine.

Going to be very interesting to see what they do and how they bring Tatola back in. Can't wait!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Here's my predicted line up for Round 9 against the Broncos,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Thompson
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Sele
11. Arrow
12. Host
13. Murray (C)

14. Chee Kam
15. Suluka-Fifita
16. Moale
17. Burgess

This is what I think will be named tomorrow. With Izaac back, surely he'll slot straight back in. While you could make a case for Taane to keep his spot, I think JD will go with Izaac. Junior comes straight back into the starting side for a big boost to the pack and with Keaon out, Jai will have to play second row on the right edge.

On the bench, it'll be pretty self-explanatory but I think Chee Kam keeps a spot over Cartwright. Jed hasn't shown much for mine.

Going to be very interesting to see what they do and how they bring Tatola back in. Can't wait!!
I think Thompson slightly edges Milne because he has more speed

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Yes, I think that is correct
They have prioritised other re-signings ahead of him. He may be be one of the guys who miss out now that Wighton is on board.
It’s a shame, as I think he has a bit to offer and is a good clubman ! Just needed regular time in the halves to show his true worth which hasn’t worked out.
If he moves on I think he will shine for whoever picks him up.

callmack1

Staff member
The NSW line up today is interesting.

Thompson and DSF named in NSW cup which indicates Milne has kept his spot and both Chee Kam and Cartwright will be there with DSF dropping out.

I'm not fully on board with Cheeks and Jed both being there over DSF but in JD we trust.

truthslayer

Juniors
The NSW line up today is interesting.

Thompson and DSF named in NSW cup which indicates Milne has kept his spot and both Chee Kam and Cartwright will be there with DSF dropping out.

I'm not fully on board with Cheeks and Jed both being there over DSF but in JD we trust.
All I can say the coach must see something at training that we don’t see in the game, DSF has had more impact than Cartwright and CHEEKAM together in a game. Cartwright alway does a dumbass play like last week pushing a pass that was not on, and cheekam does not break the line.I hope this changes before run on.