What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs: Friday 28th April 8pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs NRL squad for Round Nine against Broncos: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/04/26/rabbitohs-nrl-squad-for-round-nine-against-broncos/

Team list Wednesday this week!!!!

And what a team list it is! Possibly, in fact, probably, the strongest side we've been able to name since Round 1. Obviously the biggest in is Tatola. His impact on the side cannot be understated so his return is huge for us, hopefully he is ready this time. Arrow partners him in the front row with Sele on the bench and both Host and Chee Kam in the second row. This gives both the starting pack and the bench some real grunt, I like it!!

Good to see Taane keep his spot too, he deserves it.

Great side!! Hopefully that equals a great result on Friday night. Cannot wait!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
All I can say the coach must see something at training that we don’t see in the game, DSF has had more impact than Cartwright and CHEEKAM together in a game. Cartwright alway does a dumbass play like last week pushing a pass that was not on, and cheekam does not break the line.I hope this changes before run on.
totally agree

Rabbits20

Immortal
JD said Milne was outstanding last week and deserves holding his place.

He spoke about DSF going back to Cup and getting big mins into him and his effort areas improving we need him over origin time.

Shaq and Havili 4-6 weeks away will be important over origin and the run home.

Spoke about how the top 4-5 guys at most clubs could get more on the open market but choose to stay where they are happy. Said Trell, Cody, Cookie and Tom could’ve got more on the open market but wanted to stay.

Also spoke on Wighton and how it was easy to sell the club to him.

And about guys like Hame, Host, Jed, Milne, Thompson guys other clubs rejects that they didn’t want and how good they have been for us.

He spoke up Hame gave a good wrap

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
A great pre game day interview from JD. Focused and excited. Yea, he did talk about Wighton a bit but I liked how he channeled Wayne and said "I'm not going to talk about it" for some questions. he wants to focus and talk about the game tomorrow night which is a big one.

Gallery - Captain's Run Round Nine: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/04/27/gallery-captains-run-round-nine/

Taane is pictured in the forward's meeting at the captain's run?? Or am I reading too much into it. Surely there's no way he moves from the wing.

Wighton signing no distraction for Brisbane-bound Bunnies: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/04/27/wighton-signing-no-distraction-for-brisbane-bound-bunnies/

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbitohs Members and Supporters it’s that time of week again it’s Game Day. It’s a tough away game as the boys make the trek up to Suncorp to take on the high flying Broncos. Our boys are gonna get another good test this week. The Broncos have been flying high leading the NRL and they deserve to be. For us we are looking to make it 4 wins on the trot. It’s certainly another massive test. We have plenty of members and fans in QLD and I’m sure many of those are looking forward to being at Suncorp tomorrow night. So it’s 1 v 4 (us 4th). A win would consolidate our spot in the top 4. We would be well placed at 6 and 3.

Looking at Brisbane they are without Haas and Mam for this one but they still have a very good side. Walsh has been on fire pit the back and they have so much strike in the backs with Farnworth, Cobbo and Staggs plus a strong forward pack that has been churning out the metres and winning the battle in the middle and Reyno who has been playing very well off the back of it and controlling things. They have been playing with a freedom about them with a point to prove so we need to be alert across the park.

For us I’ll be interested to see how we go coming off the high off last week we have to start from scratch again this week. I hope the boys don’t come out flat we need to make sure that does t happen. Last two week we have completed at 80-85percent so that is key once more. Make silly errors Brisbane will punish us. We need to stop the offloads as well Brisbane love to throw offloads and play of second phase play. Getting Junior back is a big boost for us in the middle. As long as we play South Sydney football we will be right in the game and have a good shot at winning it. Building pressure will be key too and not trying to score off every play and giving them cheap piggy back penalties as well. Reyno got 2 wins over us last year I think so now it’s time to return that favour.

SO WHETHER AT SUNCORP OR AT HOME ALL RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ON YA FEET JUST BEFORE 8PM TODAY. SHOUT AND CHEER YOURSELF HOARSE LETS GO AND GET THESE BRONX AND BRING HOME THE 2 POINTS IN STYLE WE CAN DO IT LETS START THE WEEKEND OFF IN STYLE! GLORY GLORY SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE STAND LETS GO RABBITOHS!

callmack1

Staff member
Get up, get moving, rise and shine all you South Sydney members and fans as we get set for a huge day! Another game day is upon us and boy, isn't it a big one tonight. We take on the Brisbane Broncos up there at Suncorp. A monumental clash, certainly an absolute blockbuster. A top four clash, first vs fourth, between two super clubs. I'm glad this game has returned to blockbuster status. We've had a really good, fiery rivalry with the Broncos since 2019 but it's kind of fizzled out because of the Broncos poor form or our poor form early last year. But now that both clubs are going well in 2023, it's returned to huge status, and you'll see why tonight.

A very tough game tonight. They're missing Haas, Mam, Oates, and possibly Riki now too. They're all huge, huge outs and do improve our chances tonight but make no mistake, this is still a big test for us. The Broncos are top of the ladder for a reason. They're doing a lot right. They've only lost one game and won seven which is a pretty remarkable record so far. I think they've clearly been the best side so far this year. So even with those guys missing, tonight is a huge test, especially at their home ground in Brisbane. I think it's a big test for our defence in particular as they have strike weapons all over the park. None other than Reece Walsh who has absolutely lit up the comp in 2023. He's their biggest threat and our biggest watch for mine. Probably the second biggest threat would be Reynolds, our old mate. He's in everything for them so we need to do our best to limit his impact, particularly his kicking game. We're yet to beat him yet since he left so I'd love nothing more than to get one over him. There is then some guys like Staggs, Farnworth and Cobbo so our outside backs will need to be on their toes and of course, some strike forwards in Flegler and Carrigan. They just have weapons everywhere, so we'll need to be on.

They might have weapons everywhere, but you know what, so do we. So much so that I really think that if we can get our game right, play our style of Footy, play 'Rabbitohs' Footy, then I'm confident we can get one over them. Even with the guys they're missing, a win tonight against the ladder leaders would be a huge statement and would put us in great position moving forward. The boys have to want that. We saw last week how much they wanted it so the desire has to be the same this week. Turn up with the right attitude right from the opening whistle, and the rest will hopefully flow off the back of that. It all starts with our defence for mine tonight. Brisbane are such a good attacking side, the best this year in fact I believe. So, it's going to be a big test for our defence in this one. Get that right, and we should be on. We're probably going to have to defend the best we have so far this year but it can be done. On the flip side, they're not the greatest defensive side themselves, that's one area they need to work on so there's plenty there we can exploit. To do that though, we must win the middle battle and complete high. A completion rate of 80% or higher again tonight please lads. Tatola returns which is a big boost, that really gives us an advantage. As I said, get our game right and no one can stop us. That's the challenge.

Ughhhh I just can't wait for this one!!! So pumped I want it to be kick off right friggin now!! We have a huge chance to really make a statement and set ourselves up beautifully. We've got to take that chance tonight. Got to. Big game, go and get it boys!!!

Glory, Glory!!

Thumper

Juniors
Unles
A great pre game day interview from JD. Focused and excited. Yea, he did talk about Wighton a bit but I liked how he channeled Wayne and said "I'm not going to talk about it" for some questions. he wants to focus and talk about the game tomorrow night which is a big one.

Gallery - Captain's Run Round Nine: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/04/27/gallery-captains-run-round-nine/

Taane is pictured in the forward's meeting at the captain's run?? Or am I reading too much into it. Surely there's no way he moves from the wing.

Wighton signing no distraction for Brisbane-bound Bunnies: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/04/27/wighton-signing-no-distraction-for-brisbane-bound-bunnies/
Unless they are moving Tass to the wing and playing Cartwright at centre to try and mark Staggs.